Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My set up for head phones in hot weather.

AL KS

I use Gray Ghost NDT phone's when it's cool out. But when it get's in the 80's and above here is what i use. The first pic is what i used for a long time. A quarter to one eighth adapter, 8 foot straight stereo extention cord a file clip to hold the weight of the cord and a 5 dollar set of koss walkman phones with the foam removed.The reason for taking the foam off is it takes away from the sound quality.(makes a big dif) The second set up i just came up with this week. Work's a lot better , dont have the out side wind and noise problem. A quarter to one eighth inch 90 degree adaptor,a 6 foot coiled extention cord and a set of Maxell head phone's.These phone's sound great i tried a number of different one's and these are the best sounding one's i've tried so far.(about 11 dollar's). Here's pic's of both set up's. You can get all the stuff for these at wally world and radioshack. AL

I was thinking that you were going to have a PIC of a small fan with a misting spray hooked up on a hat. :bouncy:

I've been thinking of trying some of those iPod type ear buds but worry a little bit over the ruggedness of the fine gauge wire. I hate it when stuff breaks.

Rich

Rich (Utah) said:
I was thinking that you were going to have a PIC of a small fan with a misting spray hooked up on a hat. :bouncy:

I've been thinking of trying some of those iPod type ear buds but worry a little bit over the ruggedness of the fine gauge wire. I hate it when stuff breaks.

Rich
Rich That's the reason for the file clip i clip it to my overall straps and it hold's the wieght of the cord. The koss phones i've used for the last four or five year's and i'am not easy on equipment. The Maxell's have a lot better sound than the koss by far. Had to turn down the volume to between 8 and 10 so it would'nt hurt my ear's and i'am kind of hard of hearing. I just wo'nt use my Gray ghost's when it get's to hot. Fact is i use this set up most of the time now . The koss wiring has held up well we will see how the maxell's do . But i realy like the sound of the maxell's.(maby even better than the ghost's). AL