Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My silver spot produced another Mercury Dime

akelley

Hey Guys,
I decided to go back to the same spot that has produced the majority of my silver this year. After finding this 1923 Mecury dime yesterday (my oldest silver so far) :clapping: , I'm now up to 9 silvers from this spot alone . I also found 2 wheat backs, 1957D, and 1958. I started out committed not to dig anything shallower than 6 inches, and I also tried boosting my sensitivity in manual up to 28. Well neither strategy worked for this turf, and the only deep target was a rusty nail :ranting:. I believe there's just too much deep iron in the ground for this strategy to work at this site. Operating at manual sensitivity 28 on my E-Trac caused too many false signals, and I suspect it was made worse by yesterday's rain. So I reverted back to Auto+3 and enjoyed a smooth ride from then on. I stopped avoiding shallow targets just in time to find the Merc, which was less than 2 inches in the ground. Now I wonder if there are any good targets below 6 inches? But that will just have to wait for another day. Thanks for looking!

-Alex