Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My third silver for the year!

knarfj

I

Thanks all!!

Ayeti65 said:
Nice find, did you get that with your F70?

Yep, I sure did Mike.:thumbup: At first I thought it was a buried aluminium can as there not all that unusual at this site but the F70s confidence bar was full on plus the VDI being locked onto 50 cents convinced me to dig.:clapping:

It would have made better reading to have claimed I had found it at 10 inches or something along those lines but in actuality it couldn't have been much over 3 inches deep. I assume it must have been a recent drop, for what ever reason, as I've been digging clad dimes much deeper then the half was found.:shrug:

You know I don't think that all the good things are deep, I have found a 1925 buff and it wasn't maybe 2-2.5 inches deep, and that's just the start of the list.., I my self haven't found a silver 50c piece. I am also liking the confidence meter more and more lately sure seems to be helping me make that decision to dig. I sure can't wait to get out and dig some, hopefully next week I can go some and have something to report.

Finding Halfs is always a rush - congrats !

WhooooWheee! :clapping: Great big coin! those hit a solid 92 on my 70..:drool: Really great find there Knarfj!:please::beers:
I've never found a silver one though, only clad JFK's for me to date...but it looks like theres some hope!:thumbup:
I agree, depth has no bearing on the age of the coins or how long ago they were dropped for some reason, depending on the conditions of course..not all old silver finds are deep, some are ridiculously shallow.
and not all fresh drops are shallow...I dont know why, its a puzzlement..when a guy digs a zinc penny 5 or 6" deep...
Mud.

Being only 3" deep doesn't mean it was a modern drop. Bigger coins tend to be more shallow than smaller ones like dimes cause the sink a lot slower due to the larger surface area of the coin. More surface area = more resistance. Most of the halves I've found have been fairly shallow.

Thanks for all the comments and input. :beers:

It's a very interesting site to say the least. The bar looking item and old watch were each down as deep the blade on my Lesche. :confused: