Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My turn for some silver...

SNOWY

Had a great morning yesterday at a Melbourne bayside beach with the Explorer SE,and the Sunray X12 coil, and found 17 coins for $17.05.
A very nice braided silver charm bracelet turned up,
and a Tiffanys New York 926 silver cuff link.
The heavy cuff link read a sweet silver high, but the bracelet read all over the place !
I figure it's because of the way it is made... the main body is fine braided silver.
I'm guessing the bracelet is silver by its weight as there is no proof mark.
It has the word "Pandora" engraved around the clasp.

I retrieved quite a few tabs, and screw caps during the hunt.

Crown seals were dealt with on the smart find screen,
not discriminated ~ but ignored as the showed up .

I reckon I dug 3 out of 5 pull tab zone targets, and each time they were tabs...
So as the morning proceeded, I rejected more and more...

It's always a bit of a worry that the other "tab" readings ~ as we know, can also be fine gold rings !!!

But, man there are sooo many of the suckers!!!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Maybe thats a ceremonial bracelet....put it on and do the gold dance.....then go back to that beach and find the gold.....:wiggle:
Ya did good Snowy.....Congrats :thumbup:

Thanks MM, maybe I'll give the bracelet a rub, perhaps a genie will appear...
Heh heh.

# I forgot to say in my original post Mattock Man that I was using my Sunray X12 coil.

some nice finds you got there. Interesting cuff link...did they expect to lose it or maybe was a display item I wonder - still very neat whatever its story is.

If only each find could tell its story of how it got to be where it was...bet we would have a lot of leads for detecting even more old coins and such.

Again congrats Snowy.

Thanks Bryce and Eddie, I hope to do posts on actual days out more frequently than I have been.:twodetecting:

How's it going Snowy, you old wallaby wrangler!

Nice digs there mate, been dying to get to the beach with my Explorer.

We missed you over on the 'other' forum but you've got a good machine there in that Minelab... those suckers go deep.

Here's to plenty of silver and gold in '08!

Your friend,
Skillet

n/t

SKILLET !

Well I'll be ...

How are you these days ?
~ Still hangin' out with Big Cat Daddy ???

Say, ya kept my photo!

I'm back at the beach again tomorrow morning, heading off at 4:00 am !
Taking the Explorer SE with my new WOT.

Happy New Year...

Great Loot Snowy....
Got to admit...
If I was on land I would discrim too...
Thats why you need to get your feet wet mate ...

And quit wondering if that last pull tab was a "gold ring" - on land ...The odds are not in our favor...It just doesn't happen !

But I would dig all screw off caps...

Good luck next time out!