Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My V3 ought to arrive tomorrow or Thursday

Mike Hillis

I liked the first one I had but sticker shock got to me and I sold it and I've always regretted I did that.

But the time was right and I picked up a good used one with extra's at a decent price so I'm back in the game.

I'll pick it up, rebox it and send it off to Whites for the upgrade to a V3i and will once again own the best visual discriminator made today.

HH
Mike

Mike, look forward to your posts and tips on the V3i. As a former F5 owner reading your "book" on that detector really helped.

Thanks Joe,

HH
Mike

I did some horse trading for a V3 with extras and did the upgrade soon after. No complaints!

That is good to hear. Mine is here waiting for me to pick it up tonight.
I'll get to swing it this weekend before I ship it off.

HH
Mike

It arrived safe and sound before the weekend, so I'll actually get to hunt it Sunday morning.
From fooling around last night it seems I remember how to configure it so Saturday night I'll spend some time and get the display how I like it.
Probably wont have anything to post about other than the fact I used it.

HH
Mike

Bummer.

Got the display set just the way I wanted it, site picked out, and was ready to go wade through some modern trash until I woke up Sunday morning to rain. Looked out the window at 6 AM and rain. Laid back down and got up and looked again at 7 AM and still raining. Went back to bed and decided to try again later.

Would sure like to use it before I send it off to Whites but it may not happen.

HH
Mike

Here Gib
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1861432,1861490#msg-1861490

My V3 is now a V3i and is on its way back.

YAY!

HH
Mike

I am anxiously waiting to read your V3i post once you start using it. I personally would not be without a V3i

n/t

Come on Mike get out there and find somthin' good as I'm on the fence about getting a used one myself as It has two things I like, Adjustable Tone I. D. and Modulated Audio.

It was about 3 weeks total turn around time.

HH
Mike

Just Do It, Harold. Its worth the money.

It will be a little bit before I start posting anything worth reading.

HH
Mike

I was wondering if it is smoother then the old Vision models as tried a Vision and it was EMI sensitive in spots my Etrac was smooth as silk. I heard the V3i version is smoother then the previous model's? Also would like to try Tom Slicks Gold Ring Program with the rare Bigfoot coil as I think I can get a NOS at a good price. I already have a Bigfoot for my XL-PRO and it is a killer in big sports field's!