Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my v3i/garrett pro pointer compatibility issue/In accord with my last post ?

okdirtfisher

Drove 40 mile north and hooked up with a fellow detectorist that has the same set-up as myself.Did a little test!The brand new just out of the box garrett has some kind of issue,. did the same thing with his detector as does mine his garrett pro pointer works just fine with my machine.As I'm sure the replacement I receive will do.I thank the moderator for stepping in in reply to a comment on my post I took it as the guy was calling me a dumb ass.

No problem. I just got a replacement today for the one I lost. I works fine, good luck.

I'm glad you got the problem figured out. I love happy endings.......:clapping:

Rob (IL) said:
No problem. I just got a replacement today for the one I lost. I works fine, good luck.
Again Thanks Rob,I've only been in the hobby a couple of yrs and don't mind posting in search of answers,mxt300-mxtpro are the only other machines I've hunted with and when I bought the mxt300 it had to go to service dept for coil replacement(failed shield test).That's why I made post. I've been there done that,so knew something wasn't right from the git-go.But then again I also know the v3i is top notch in sensitivity and wandered if I literally needed to place 5ft between the machine and probe.:surprised:

I just got me V3i today and had a few to take her out and test. I also have the Garrett's probe and when i put down the V3i and turned on the probe i got feedback noise so i did what someone posted and pressed the menu button and it was fine.

Tim

HickFu said:
I just got me V3i today and had a few to take her out and test. I also have the Garrett's probe and when i put down the V3i and turned on the probe i got feedback noise so i did what someone posted and pressed the menu button and it was fine.
happy hunting:clapping::detecting::whites:
Tim