Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My waterproof headphone wait is over....

So can we get our own waterproof coil connector from Joe or elsewhere?

Already have a Minelab Waterproof headset on back order and do have a couple of waterproof GrayGhost headsets on hand, If I had a plug would hardware the GrayGhost myself to the plug connector.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul (Ca)

Old California said:
So can we get our own waterproof coil connector from Joe or elsewhere?

Already have a Minelab Waterproof headset on back order and do have a couple of waterproof GrayGhost headsets on hand, If I had a plug would hardware the GrayGhost myself to the plug connector.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul (Ca)

same question here...... I wired a set of waterproof GG for my atpro and would love to be able to do a set for my ctx. can you get the part# for the connector and where I could purchase it from please.....

These are currently being tested........

We are working with several local hunters to make improvements before release if needed.

Thanks for the interest.......

Joe DeMarco

n/t

Can't wait Joe, I also can't believe that Minelab even deals with Koss. I can never remember anyone ever saying oh Koss are the best. I can't hear the threshold and raising it too high will cause loss of depth.

Buried Crap NJ said:
Can't wait Joe, I also can't believe that Minelab even deals with Koss. I can never remember anyone ever saying oh Koss are the best. I can't hear the threshold and raising it too high will cause loss of depth.

NJ...how can raising the threshold cause a loss of depth. Never heard of that before but if it does let me know thanks

[attachment 234475 thresholdctx3030.png]

As Randy already posted and explained by the diagram.

A Threshold that is too loud will not allow a deep target to sound through. A threshold of just audible is the best, that way you can notice any slight changes in it. Those deep whispers will barely break the threshold buzz giving you just enough information to dig, or stop and investigate further.

BCOOP

I am jealous beyond words, you must be the first CTX owner in the water at this point. I will be contacting Joe on monday as I am at a point where I will not be waiting for Minelab to react to demand at this point. I want to get in the water with my CTX and I want it to happen 2 weeks ago. The lack of waterproof headphones has me thoroughly annoyed and if Joe's phones work, thats perfect for me. Thanks for your post and I hope Joe is ready to crank these out as Minelab clearly is not. HH -Marc

MHirschmann said:
I am jealous beyond words, you must be the first CTX owner in the water at this point. I will be contacting Joe on monday as I am at a point where I will not be waiting for Minelab to react to demand at this point. I want to get in the water with my CTX and I want it to happen 2 weeks ago. The lack of waterproof headphones has me thoroughly annoyed and if Joe's phones work, thats perfect for me. Thanks for your post and I hope Joe is ready to crank these out as Minelab clearly is not. HH -Marc

I'm with you all the way. The Koss Excalibur headphones are not very comfortabe and they move on me. I'd love to get my hands on a quality set of waterproof GG headphones. That would be perfect.