Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Myrtle Beach road trip

tvr

Long weekend in Myrtle Beach. Had a close encounter with a shark and got a tiny bit of gold. Was about waist deep in the water and saw a fin coming up. About a 3 foot long shark of some kind was feeding on a school of little fish and passed about a foot in front of me. I aimed the scoop in it's direction. After it passed, I pulled up the scoop and had a little fish that the shark didn't get. With the murky water, I can only wonder if there was a much bigger shark lurking nearby.

Three rings, two junk and one 0.7 grams of 10K. Was a good getaway.

Very Good get away TVR! Love the gold band! I've yet to see any sharks but a few skates have been overly friendly in the bay.

Sea life is interesting to see. Down south I love watching the pelicans glide on the lift of the waves.

Looks like winds have pushed a little water out today. I have grandkids over today and need to take the aqua seal to the seams on my chest waders. I should have the kids help with the waders but then I may have the aqua seal in lots of places I don't want it!

Those were some nice lows thurs and friday.............friday was a all day low..wish I could post a few pics but can't tell the world where I hunted.

With all the research you've put in to find the right places and how easy it is to identify where you are from landmarks I understand that 100%. When pictures of more rings go up, I know where to see those. Glad you got out!

Congrats!, been a lot of sharks around here this year.

Thanks.

If it weren't illegal to catch them within a mile of shore, it was tempting to just grab the one that slowly swam by me and take it home for a fish fry. Granddaughter caught a 2.5 foot shark when we took her on a fishing trip out of Calabash back in March. With her shark and half a dozen black sea bass we had a good spring fry up.

My family runs Captain Nances on the waterfront. The Hurricane fishing fleet rents our dock space and they have good fishing trips. Dont know if that's who you went with.

We were out with one of the Hurricane Fleet boats for a morning fishing trip. Had a good time.

Just moved to Eureka, actually Myrtletown. Acquired my first detector as well, a Minelabe Vanquisher, yesterday. Excited to hit new land…, yet, i know nothing of the area.
Moved this month, from Sonora, CA. Own a claim out there, in Columbia.