Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mystery piece..

fwcrawford

I found this piece a few weeks ago while detecting an old park that was a dump many years ago.
It appears to be made of bronze and is sturdy, but I do not see any broken places along the edges of it.
Any ideas as to what this is or was part of?
Thanks for looking!!
IMG_0396.JPG
IMG_0397.JPG

How sturdy is it?
Is it strong enough to have been part of a folding handle or foot peddle? Is there any part of it that shows any wear?

If you use the nickel as reference then its about five nickels wide, too small for a pedal? Also, looks like small divot on opposite side, dead center between the two cross rails. If the belt “latch/bolt” is missing then the sash belt buckle still in the race.

How sturdy is it?
Is it strong enough to have been part of a folding handle or foot peddle? Is there any part of it that shows any wear?
It appears to be quite sturdy, and I agree on your idea of a foot pedal.
I would think a pedal would me made of iron instead of bronze though.
It does not appear worn. On one side the edge has serrations or that is what they appear to be.
Like to get a good grip on it.
I’ll post a photo of that part later tonight.

My SWAG = "Tack" as in part of a horse bridle or saddle tack

Seeing the serrations now has me thinking that it is indeed a buckle of some sort. The serrations appear to be there for friction grip.

Maybe… those two photos are the same.
Only one side has the serrations.. I accidentally attached the same photo twice
Think of it like a belt. If there is a leather or fabric strap attached to the buckle at one end, then there only needs to be that grip on one side where the tag end weaves through.