Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nail test...........

KyJoe

While I wait for a Nox how about somebody see how it does on Monte's nail board test and post on youtube.

There have been many nail board test vids done with the Nox ( do a search on YouTube). The test is very inconclusive ( for any machine ) as it is easily manipulated or just plain screwed up.

Dean

I've seen the Nox nail board tests on youtube. I posted on this forum asking someone on "this forum" to do a test. The ones I've seen on youtube could be done better. Honestly, I was hoping the Nox would do better because I'm buying one. There are several forum members who could perform the test better than what I've seen. As for the nail board test, I think it's a very usefull tool to measure one aspect of a detectors capabilities. Now if one guy has his test setup up with nails and another guy in another state has his different nails and skills there are variables that would change the results obviously. But if someone (experienced) has several detectors on hand going over the same board then the results are very conclusive.

dbado1 said:
There have been many nail board test vids done with the Nox ( do a search on YouTube). The test is very inconclusive ( for any machine ) as it is easily manipulated or just plain screwed up.

Dean

What he said

We all know test have lots of variables but like ky Joe says if multiple machines are hitting the same test it's plain to see which does better.of course then you can get into this one was setup this way and so on but I sure like to see the test and the more the merrier.to each his own though,ive used the nox in nail infestation"machine gun" and grabbed a few goid coins but only have 3,4 hours on it so I'm not a pro for sure