Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Narrowing the search, looking for the stash

Tom_in_CA said:
Just simply "in the garden" ? No un-canny markers (boulders shaped like animals, etc... ) ? Just eye-balled to some *normal* object in the garden, eh ?

As far as I know there were no markers, she didn't say. Knowing her, if there were any markers I doubt anyone would notice.

It's a deal.

The best way to find caches, is to take 2 box detectors (which won't find anything smaller than a soda can) and go around likely spots of old habitations . Eg.: ghost towns, cellar holes, etc.... Oh sure, by all means wave it around "un-canny" rocks too. But in the end, the caches can be anywhere.

And once the finder finds a cache, he will, no doubt, see an "un-canny clue" nearby. But truth be told, he'd find "un-canny clues" (symbols, nails on a tree, an out of place rock, etc....) just about anywhere you look. On any landscape anywhere.

Check out all the new roads all over your town. Dams that have flooded farms, small towns etc. People paving property. Strip malls springing up all over. Malls being knocked down. Got to be a lot that's been covered up. And I bet there's plenty of catches buried in Grave yards all over the world. (Example- End of the movie "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" ) Great flick about chasing Treasure during the Civil War. Check it out guys it's a good one.

I heard an old timer talking about just that.
He said that the ladies of the house would usually put theirs under or right near the clothes line. That way when at the sink in the kitchen they could look out and see where it was.
The man of the house would usually put it in the back yard where the spot could be readily seen from the bedroom window so If he was awoken by something outside he could quickly see through the window.

He went into more detail but I don't recall all of it