Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need a detecting harness

I just got the Dpal and the one-size-fits-all part that goes over your left arm (im right handed) doesn't even come anywhere near close to fitting me (i'm a little guy). So I tried to take up the fixed loop some and that helped some....BUT the oversized loop makes the pad that is SUPPOSED to fit behind your neck not able to do so. It would fit better if you are a LARGE man and/or wearing a coat. Anyways.....It sure won't fit me! I'll try more mods and will get it to work. I did like the quick clip and the rig did help as far as taking the weight off. Only real thing it needs is an adjustable loop...concept is good. jmo

I'm going to possibly cut the loop so it's long enough to attach to my belt on levis near left pocket....drape the strap in front of left shoulder...back behind neck...then over right shoulder and that may solve MY problem with it....????

Go to Wal Mart and buy one of these in the large size http://www.yuppiepuppy.com/store/training/anti-pull-mesh-harness/ . Put it on backwards so the "gathering " ring is in front of your chest which is backwards to how it fits on the dog. Adjust the harness to fit either right or left shoulder and attach the detector coil with a 3/16" bungy rope which you can buy at HD or Lowes for next to nothing. Best swinging aid you can get for less than 20 bucks. :)

I tried the yuppy puppy and it's a big major hassle imo to get the thing on? It also centers the anchor point in the center of your chest and I had a hard time swinging to my right with the bungy. The Dpal has the anchor point a little to the right (im right handed) and I could comfortably swing left to right. Just my experience so far.

Re-did mu Dpal today and reverted it back to the way it comes stock. I slipped the BIG shoulder loop thru my arm AND over my head and it worked pretty good for me today. Remember that I'm a little guy so this worked for ME and if a guy my size had to wear a coat with the way I re-rigged it....you'd have to wear the coat over the setup with the coat unbuttoned...(shouldn't be a problem)........

$10 for the yuppy puppy....$25 for the Dpal. Still either beats $150 for Minelabs thing (that's a lot of douugh imo)

I found by adjusting the harness I could move the swing point offset enough to make swinging effortless.
I live below the 35th parallel so I seldom have to wear more than a hoody or light jacket and I wear it under that. Trying to use it over a heavier coat would indeed be difficult.

yeah i was glad when i got one after about hour or two detecting my back and shoulder get really stiff and sore. harness helps me go a lot longer

I use a pair of mens wide braces, i clip the two back pieces on my belt at the back,the two pieces at the front i clip one to the left on my leather belt then i wrap the right one around the handle on my detector and clip it on to the braces i am able to swing for hours and can adjust it however i want,a cheap strap that works i am on my second one they do stretch a bit after a while,as i said make sure the braces are wide ones sit more comfortable on the shoulders,this tip was given to me by our local detector agent.

UPDATE: I first whined about the Dpal and the large loop. Then I removed the neck pad as no way it would fit MY neck in the proper spot. Then I put the whole shoulder loop over both my head and shoulder and that worked but was tight. I've been using the Dpal now the way it was designed and just put my shoulder through the shoulder loop. It's been working fine and allows me to double my field time and will be a big help when my 13" shows up. Not a bad rig for $25..........

I have the detecting buddy and it is worth every penny, especially is using a larger coil in big open areas, like ball fields