Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need a program for hot ground in culpepper VA area

jtalley007

Anyone out there have good success in bad Virginia dirt?

I know any VLF is going to struggle there but seems with all the adjustments it should be able to hold its own. Anyone that has hunted with one there, appreciate what worked?

Thanks

I would start off in 18khz and silencer at 1 or -1 reactivity at 3 or 2.5 (if running V4) tracking GB and sensitivity at 90-85, TX at 2-3 just remember in super hot soil your going to loose some depth. You can ever try using the "Goldfield" program or the new "HOT" program if running V4

Must admit i have never detecting in this location but have read so much about it over the years that very few VLF machines actually work in this location,so one has too ask the question is this the right tool for the job ?? i do use a Deus and i also have a reasonable amount of other detectors but the Deus would not be my main choice,the most popular detectors that are used not only for bad sold conditions but also depth of some of the CW finds are the various Pulse machines.

The Deus can be altered settings wise to tame it in that bad Virginia soil but at the possibility of loosing some depth,of course as mentioned above i have never detected in that area but its about as bad as it can get.

There isn't a program to detect Culpepper.

The Deus isn't capable of it, I dug 3 bullets and they sounded like iron and they were 4 inches deep. That's really the best you can do, dig every beep iron sounding or not. 3 days, 3 bullets solid hunting no bsing around.

Nothing works there with the Deus.

digginrelics said:

The Deus isn't capable of it, I dug 3 bullets and they sounded like iron and they were 4 inches deep. That's really the best you can do, dig every beep iron sounding or not. 3 days, 3 bullets solid hunting no bsing around.

Guess I am going to have to take all my finds back to Culpeper and rebury them since there is no way I could have found them with my deus.

I've never hunted in that kind of high mineralization before but if the VLF, which is Very Low Frequency, works there than wouldn't you want to use 4Khz as it's the lowest frequency the Deus can do?

It will be interesting to see how the new HF coils will work in the VA dirt. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they made for the hot ground.

mrsspk said:
digginrelics said:

Guess I am going to have to take all my finds back to Culpeper and rebury them since there is no way I could have found them with my deus.

I'm talking about the red dirt in Culpepper like the DIV hunts.

The Deus doesn't work there, period. Bullets reed 01 and sound like iron, the only way it works is to dig all iron signals and you're limited in depth to 3-5 inches.

There are parts of Culpepper that aren't the red clay where it will work.

Digging relics is quite correct. If your going to be running a Deus at a DIV site in Culpeper, you are going to have problems. Also, not all bad ground in Culpeper is created equal. There are spots that the Deus will work better but you still have problems with identifying the target as well as depth. Have tried numerous settings and locations with similar results. If you have a choice, use a pulse machine. I have found the Deus does work well for going through spoil dirt from trash pits and huts so the Deus is not a waste from that perspective. However, the new coil could be a game changer as it was tested in the hot ground in Australia. If you can accurately ID relics at depth, it might prove useful in those iron patches that pulse machines hate.

Disc 10 Full Tones
Sensitivity start at 80 increase as high as possible
Tx power 2
Frequency depending on noise interference 11.6 khz / 17.8 khz worked best for me
Iron vol. 3
Reactivity 1,2 and 3 depending on iron adjust silencer up if to noisy ( remember this changes to default everytime you adjust)
Audio resp. 6
Notch 0
GB tracking
GB Expert /Widen GB notch to notch out bedrock/ hot rocks ( do this over an actual rock)

Dig every signal that gives a "fluty" tone ( any hint of a tone that isn't a solid low tone)

detectorfreak74 said:
I can help with your program P.M. Me I will give you my number I'm a field tester for the Deus and other detectors

He has high reviews comments from others he has helped, I would take him up on the offer.....

Jim