Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need confirmation on problem

OCDfinder

I am Olympic Clad Dime finder and I will clean any site of clad dimes.

30 years since I bought my first detector, the Etrac opened the door to fantastic results this past year. I have found over 100 coins and yesterday finished a hunt at a historical home from from 1840's. I pulled 5 coins, and a bunch of interesting stuff. The coins... 5 Lincoln pennies.

I have found 2 silver coins 1930's dime and a 1962 quarter. My problem is a site problem, If there is silver on a site I feel confident I'll find, maybe I expected too much from the historical home site. Maybe one of you jokers already cleaned!!!

My problem is site selection not Etrac operation. Am I correct that if I can pull clad dimes from 7-9" deep I have the skills to find a mercury 7-9" deep? This historical home has got me thinking I am doing it wrong. please confirm this is a site problem...correct?

the E is a total dime magnet,,,, and of course silver,,,,,, if your finding clad and that depth the silver will ring out proud I'm sure,,,,,, like me it's all location location location,,,,, and being first is just veryhard nowadays,,,,,,,,HH

If you are pulling clad that deep, you should have no problem with silver if you put your coil over it.

I agree with JIENID, if you get your coil over the silver it should be easy. Just finding the site that has the silver can be tough at times, or should I say the site that wants to give it up easily. I tend to go through silver droughts and then I will find 8 in 2 hunts. Just try and find the old sites that should have silver and it will come.