Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Feedback on a cheap idea to make my out of warranty Yellow Excal Headphones more sound proof

My Excal is out of warranty & what I'm thinking about doing to my Yellow Headphones can be reversed if I have to send it in for a repair...I was looking at my Gun Range Headphones & found out that they have two 1/2" pieces of foam inside them for Noise Suppression...Light Bulb Idea....I do not Dive with my Excal only Surf Hunt...so I was thinking that first off I would Seal off the four equalizing holes with Clear Silicone Caulking & when it Dries then take the Yellow Phones apart (4) screws per side...then add some 1" Poly Foam.... a (1"x 12"x12") sheet is $1.99.....I probably will add an additional small 2"x2" piece right in the middle to make it a little more Sound Proof while I'm in there...so what do you think is it a cheap way to Fix the Wind, Surf, & People noise problem or am I just Wasting My Time & $$$$$......Let me know folks....Thanks.....HH....Tab.

I couldn't wait any longer on your feedback, thoughts or just plain heckling about my Yellow Headphone Mod Job...on the cheap.....so I went ahead & did it , with not problems & so far it works great....I'll take it to the Beach & give them a spin down the lane,............HH...Tab....

I think you have done just about as much as possible and still stay with in the warranty limitations. That silicon on the 4 drain holes will really shut out the wind.

But since it is out of warranty I would go for the %eltors, 105's..for about 30 dollars you can do one of the biggest improvements to the machine, save the old headphone shells just incase you have to reverse the mod.....Let us know how she works...

OldBeechnut said:
I think you have done just about as much as possible and still stay with in the warranty limitations. That silicon on the 4 drain holes will really shut out the wind.

But since it is out of warranty I would go for the %eltors, 105's..for about 30 dollars you can do one of the biggest improvements to the machine, save the old headphone shells just incase you have to reverse the mod.....Let us know how she works...

Maiden voyage on my Yellow Headphone Mod..........was a whole lot better than the original wind/sound version.....I'll be looking into the 105's....Thanks OBN......HH....Tab.

I like the idea... sorry to say foiled again... but I may steal your idea for my in warranty set.

Now... why can't we use the "P" name here for the 105's? I musta not got to that post yet...

Thanks for the ideas and Happy Hunting!

Not sure on the "P" name ban but it may have to do with it interferes with the sales of the sponsors products, which is fine..They do deserve the best for they help keep this place, here.

Sony. Panasonic , honda Toyota are not sponsors and they dont get bleept......are KOSS headphones sponsor ?

Dear obn
I have the blue headphones, do the 105's work?
Following you video, do I have to cut the transducers too?
Any tips that are different from the blue ones for doing the mod?
Thanks a million, love you instructional videos and great posts

Thanks Nutriasub, Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you on this. Remodeling most of my house this summer so I spend less time on the computer. The white plastic transducer plate fits perfectly into the 105's...just gut the old blues (one of the best out there} then just transfer all over...Good Luck and keep us informed......joe

Thanks a lot OBN, I just ordered the peltors, will try when they arrive.
On you video you cut the inner cup in half and glue it to the transducer, it's that a must?

Cheers and thanks