Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need for a White's V3i Classroom Forum

electricmetal21

This website has eleven metal detecting classroom forums for other detectors. But, no classroom forum for the Whites V3i.

I think it would be a really good idea if a classroom forum was started for the White's V3i.

What do you guys think?

Considering how many people have questions about the machine, yes! Just looking back at old posts and asking more questions is really helping me. Everyone has been super helpful here.

This IS the classroom, just not in the classroom section. I can't see any benefit in having another forum to duplicate what we do here.

Yep, a classroom forum is to answer "how to" questions, that's what we do. If you use the search feature we have discussed step by step the questions. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW?

If we deleted posts of your hunts and finds our forum would be like the other classroom forums. So you are just getting it all in one spot.

What I would find great is if Whites posted Utube vids just like the ones they did for the M6. The M6 was very well done in 8 Utube videos. It sure would encapsulate about everything without piece mealing dibs and dabs on discussion sites for the common questions which are repeatedly coming up. martin

I have to agree with you on that, there is a lot of room for improvement in the videos department.

If you follow that logic, then I guess we don't need the existing White's DFX, XLT and TDI classroom forums on this website.

Maybe we should eliminate all the classroom forums?

In order to ask a question, you have to know something first, I know I'm being selfish but, how about us people that are new as a newborn babie's behind? I've been interested in metal detecting for some time now, but without a hands on proper experienced operator to help, I get nowhere!

OK, if we has a separate V3i Classroom, what do you think we would do different? What do any of the classrooms do differently? What would you expect to get there you can't get here?

"In order to ask a question, you have to know something first, I know I'm being selfish but, how about us people that are new as a newborn babie's behind?" In the classrooms you still have to ask the questions to get an answer. Larry and I did beta testing on the V3 and V3i for Whites so you would still be asking us the questions.

luddy said:
In order to ask a question, you have to know something first, I know I'm being selfish but, how about us people that are new as a newborn babie's behind? I've been interested in metal detecting for some time now, but without a hands on proper experienced operator to help, I get nowhere!

Baby steps for the newborn first....:bouncy:

Start with specific questions and give us your location. If some from the forum is close by they will be happy to help.

Your logic must not be the same as ours. The XLT, DFX and TDI forums are the only ones on Finds, why would we want to eliminate them? DUPLICATE forums are not needed and the ones we have are not used all that much, they also cause problems with the moderators sorting out which posts go to which forum and that upsets the poster when things get moved around.

I see no need to duplicate this forum and give it a "classroom" name, we have everything here in one place. If you wanted to sponsor a forum and call it a classroom, you will have Admin's attention.

Ok, here go................I live in West Virginia, pandhandle area, as I said completely new to metal detecting stuff, other than some reading on it. My original question was, as a beginer, not knowing anything about metal detecting, would you advise a novice to purchase a $1600 piece of equipment. Should he/she be able to use "it" without getting too upset. I have no idea what I'm adjusting anything to or for what, as someone said in a post, I like the camera where I point and shoot, but as I get some experience, I want to get into the details and finer areas.

If you are completely new to metal detecting, you have a lot to learn, not only the detector you choose, but the art of metal detecting. Whether you get "too upset" will depend on your demeanor, abilities and willingness to learn. I usually suggest to someone new to metal detecting that they start off with an entry level detector like the Coinmaster GT, M6 or even the MXT on the high end, to see if you would even like the hobby. It can be physically demanding for some and frustrating for others while you are learning to tell trash from treasure.

On the other hand, there have been some people new to the hobby that started right out with the V series, learned it and was very happy with their choice. If you do deside to start with a V unit, I would suggest the VX3 which is geared more to someone that does not like to tinker with adjustments.

However another way of looking at this would be..Go ahead and get the V3i..use it only in preset and learn slowly as you go and learn all the settings available..Think of it as a
simple out of the box detector that you will grow into..and maybe never need to purchase another detector sorta "Grow as you go" unit.

Like Larry said..your loss may be that you do not like detecting and in that case one of the units he sighted would be the way to find that out.. You'll still find plenty of Good stuff and plenty of "JUNK too LOL....

Myself, I would take Larry's advice..but if I just must !!. Go ahead and get the V3i ... so you don't wonder..am I missing anything by buying the VX3.. Your call....

Enjoy the hobby ..it's a great pass time ..............any Whites you buy will be outstanding and perform very very well....

Next question..........vx3 and a v3i, were talking a couple of hundred dollars difference in price, are we talking the difference between a Cadillac and a Pinto or are we talking the difference between a Pinto with am radio or a Pinto with fm radio? Not that I like spending money on button and bows, but if I like this metal detecting stuff, am I gonna want something more special, for a couple of hundred dollars different, and I'm getting a Caddy instead of the Pinto, I'll spend the money, but on the other hand not for the am vs fm radio. I don't have to have the prettiest, but the best that I'm capable of using, that's what I want.

"Grow as you go" as Elton said, sounds like something that I would be interested, however, at this point of my metal detecting years...days LOL, what Larry has said makes sence to me. I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind failing in something as long as I'm learning and not making the same mistakes over and over again with the same outcome.

Let's say I get this v3i, what's the first thing, after reading the book, that I should do. Keep in mind, I'm as green as a greenhorn can be.

Also, thanks for the information, so far, it is much appreciated.

The V3i and VX3 are the same machine except the VX3 has a lot less adjustments available to the user and comes with the 950 coil instead of the D2. Some people are intimidated with all of the choices you can make on the V3i even though you don't have to mess with most of them. All of the adjustments just being there brings doubt and insecurity to some. Pinto? No, the V series is more like a Cadillac, the V3i has a six speed, the VX3 has an automatic.

[attachment 256127 caddy.png]

VX3 is fine but several of the features the VX3 lacks are ones I use all the time. For example I use the ability to set my VDI tones and set VDI to zero tone.

Hi luddy, why don't you down load the V3I and VX3 manuals and have a good read first it might help you decide..:thumbup:

If you get the V3i the first thing You should do is turn it on make sure you have selected the coin and jewelry program go to the search screen by pulling the trigger do. A ground balance and dig all the good signals you get, after do that for at least 50 hours and in your spare time learning all you can from the forums you may or may not want to start making small adjustments and or customizations. If you make changes to soon you will most likely become frustrated and that leads to a short run with. This hobby.