Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help getting all my find and waypoint data back!!!!:surrender:

My laptop died and I had to buy a new one. I can still access my old files from the bare hard drive where does the exchange 2 save all my finds, settings and data? So i can bring over to this laptop. Any help would be wonderful

HH Matt

Here is where mine will automatically save to. The path is in the bar at the top of the screen................HH

thanks C&R Hunter that may have saved my life I was depressed lol

well unfortunately mine must be somewhere else and once I find where does it go?

The box to the right of where the path shows, is a search box. I don't know what you can do on your old computer, but if you can do a search for *.mlf, those files should be shown in their present location.......Sorry my first idea didn't work......I'll check some more.......

I guess you have used the EXPORT function of XChange2. If not, I don't know if your information is located on the hard drive in a manner that is accessible. The location, that I showed above, is where my files go when EXPORTED from the XChange2 app...........

I did some snooping on my system, and it looks like the program and data sits in a hidden folder. You'll have to turn on "View Hidden files" in the control panel. Control Panel - Folder Options - View - "Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

On my system, it is C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Roaming\XChange2 If you right-click on your XChange2 shortcut and go to properties, the file path is listed under "target". It looks like the actual datafile is called mldata.

My suggestion is to copy the complete XChange2 folder. Once you install XChange2 on your new computer, just paste the copy over top of the new one. That should update back to all your old settings. If that doesn't work, uninstall XChange2, reinstall, and then just try pasting only the mldata file.

[attachment 242425 XChange2folder.JPG]

Thanks everyone after work today i will try these suggestions

That got it! Thank you all for your help. The mldata is the file I would suggest everyone copy and store that from time to time on a flash drive or other storage device se[erate from your primary hard drive I got luck I was able to recover the data had I needed to erase the drive to fix it all my xchange data would be lost.