Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need help identifying a bullet

bradley

i think this is a really old bullet i found it at a battle site the battle took place in 1863 if anyone knows what kind of bullet this is and what it is worth i would appreciate it i weighed it and its 3/4 of a ounce sorry the camera dont take very clear close up pics

Dimick Rifle should be a 45 cal. .... Neat !!!

hi ken yeah i dont much on the civil war stuff im usally just a coin hunter but i got permission to go there and i think its been hit pretty hard because there were very few signals i actually found this one in the woods about 7 inches deep it read 12-31 on the etrac. i thought most of them had the 3 rings on them but this didnt so i didnt know what kind it was thanks for your information are these bullets worth anything?

Yes, but I would not know the price. Hopefully we can pin that down to the unit and there might be more. These were hand casted and use by the 66th Illinos. It should be a .45 cal. I hope this helps.

Since CW bullets are not a rare item, they do not have the value like some other CW artifacts. I've seen them sell on-line and in shops for a couple of bucks up to $9.00 or $10.00 depending on what type of bullet it is. The best way to determine it's value is to look up on-line what people are paying for them. That's the true value. One thing for sure is, you will not get rich selling CW bullets. Just keep it along with your other historical finds. Myself, I only sell the jewelry I find (unless it's old or I find the owner) and keep the rest. It's like having your own personnel museum.

yeah i didnt think it would be worth much i plan on keeping it thanks you guys. now i need to find a new place to coin detect getting hard to find anywhere to go i know of alot of places but they wont give permission to go.