Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need help on this coin id

My guess would be the Liberty head nickle, also referred to as the V nickle. They are often quite battered, and dissolved a way like that, and not found every day. Congratulations! I cant see it from your photo but look for the V in the center of the reverse. Good Hunts CO

Here is what it looked like over 100 years ago, Congrats on your V-Nickle! I have only found a few of these!
http://brgphoto.com/wp-content/gallery/proofs/1907_liberty_nickel_ngc_pf66_obv.jpg http://brgphoto.com/wp-content/gallery/proofs/1907_liberty_nickel_ngc_pf66_rev.jpg

thanks a lot for the help guys. still waiting to find my first silver. seems like the only old coins i find are nickels :p(so far i have a shield nickel and now the V)

in the picture i can see the "V" you can see were the big group of the grennish yellowish rust is, below that you can see the meeting of the V.

I have not found a shield nickel yet, That would be exciting to find! congrats on both. What condition was the shield nickel in?

i cant make out the date on the shield nickel, but it is narrowed down from 1867-1883 because it doesnt have the rays. i only had these 2 pics that showed both sides kid of clear. found it at an old beach