Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help special request!

Beyonder

I believe there is a slight possibility that I have a bad coil on my Nox. I get good depth but my recovery speed is not good. I was wondering if anyone here can do the down the barrel nail test on a penny like in my video and see if you get it better than my machine.

Here is the video in case you haven't seen it.

https://youtu.be/x-JjmhYKm6w

Down the barrel is an extremely tough test for any detector.. Especially with an 11” Coil..
Test your Recovery speed by lining up several coins in a line and sweeping them at different speeds.
I bet your detector is working just fine..
I don’t see down the barrel test necessarily as speed related..

Bryan

Ray-Mo. said:
Do you have other machines that pass this test with similar size coils ???

Let me just restate this request. There is another guy with a Nox that passes the test so much so, it appears the nail isn't even there. Now either he is cheating, he has a super Nox, or my coil/Nox may be bad. So if someone could replicate my test using the same size nail a penny and the same setting and pass, i will know that I have a lemon. However, if someone here also fails, that could mean he is cheating or has a super Nox. Basically I just need to know if I need to send the coil in.

Thanks you.

[size=large]Ed, I have an Equinox that I am shipping out Monday and I will give it a try.. From what I see though, the response of the coil seems that it is working properly. One thing that you might try is raising the coil up about 4 or 5 inches about the targets and see if that helps. Signal saturation can effect the outcome sometimes.. Richard[/size]

[size=large]If it turns out that you need a new coil, I will help you with it..[/size]

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors said:
I checked the Equinox out that I have that is going out tomorrow and it does that same as the one you have.. Richard

Thank you so much! I just didnt want to be the boy who cried wolf! It still leaves the question of how the guy I saw got his to work in that scenario.