Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with conductive numbers and aluminum screwcaps

kickback

I've only hunted twice with my Etrac.I get lots of 12-38 to 12-44 repeatable 2 way signals that end up as aluminum screwcaps.I'm hunting in the stock coins program with it in auto plus 3.I dug the deepest screwcap I've ever found today.It came in at 12-44 solid.It was 8 inches deep.Is there a way to avoid the screwcaps or just grin and dig them?The ground I'm hunting is rich organic soil but real dry.Thanks.Bill

I am new to the E-Trac also. The only thing I notice about the screw caps is that the numbers are erratic. However, in the dry conditions around here, everything is erratic!

Pretty hard to leave a 12-44 in the ground. IMO, you have dig it in any ground conditions - and laugh about it!

Yep. You're going to have to dig 'em. I feel for ya! Dug 2 within a foot of each other. Both over 7" deep and ground was hard. Most of the wheats were coming in that same depth, so gotta dig 'em. I will say they seem to come in like an IH/Wheat cross signal, then after you open up the hole and hit it with the probe, they raise up in Conductivity....but...I've had coins do the same thing.

NebTrac

Flattened screw caps sound as good as any silver I've found. I dig anything that sounds that good.

I too have gotten solid readings from screw caps in the Silver range ..... Dig and weep !!!......Slver WILL come along sooner or later !!....Jim

I stopped digging wheat's. I have coffee can fulls. IH for me hit 12-33 to 12-34 area. 12-35 to 12-36 is screw caps. There is one type of screw on cap that is gold in color "thick" that reads as Quarter. Ive only dug a few so no worries there.

After you dig 100 or so silver with the ET. It will set in and you just know when its silver. The sound will literally stop you in your tracks.

I want to tell ya I got a silver spoon 10 inch down

I also got a 1750s millitary button

So when Mr.etrac says dig it YOU BETTER DIG IT!!!!

steve w

The Aluminum screw caps are a pain to most of us out here. Most of them I find are crumpled and that seems to make them harder to distinguish. I don't think they are in use as much now days having been replaced by good old plastic caps. So dig them and make sure you throw them in the trash, and maybe just maybe some day we won't have to put up with them any longer.

Of course that can slaw is just as big a problem and if people had the courtesy to pick up their trash and put it where it belongs we wouldn't have that to contend with either. Rick

I'm glad that the aluminum screw caps are less popular in my area. Plenty of pull tabs to make up for it though. :pulltab:

EZrider said:
I stopped digging wheat's. I have coffee can fulls. IH for me hit 12-33 to 12-34 area. 12-35 to 12-36 is screw caps. There is one type of screw on cap that is gold in color "thick" that reads as Quarter. Ive only dug a few so no worries there.

After you dig 100 or so silver with the ET. It will set in and you just know when its silver. The sound will literally stop you in your tracks.

I can't stop digging wheats here EZ. I've had worn barbers and my only seated come in just like a wheat and would've swore I was digging one. As you get closer it started sounding more silver with the probe....BUT, I have had wheats do the same thing. Sound like a wheat and get closer and starts getting silvery sounding with 12-46-47's and be a wheat.

Probably just the ground.

NebTrac

Yep them flattened screw caps are a real bane in the old parks in this area, I try to go by depth so many of the 2" signals are screw caps, I will dig them at first to confirm the depth I am finding them at it is a real bummer when you are finding good coins, silver and wheats at about 3" it gets where your afraid not to dig them. Just make sure you have a big trash pouch to hold them all:yikes:

i've been trying differnt programs lately.....my silver reals come in around 07-40 and the colonials usualy 11-12 38-40....colonials and one cents same thing....i've been reading any's book for a month and reading all the posts and everyone says keep your eye on the CO #'s even in 2TF...i dug up a 1831 gold braclet that read 12-38. well actually i could have used a backhoe....lol...it wad dark out and couldnt pin point it because of all the trash people leave behind....i always carry a bag to fill for the garbage....so i quess we just dig dig dig ...you never know....ginger