Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Help with E-Trac download Patterns:shrug:

ashdigger

Could someone help me with pattern downloads, I'm having a really hard time with this. I know its probably easy but I just cant get it recently I was trying to download Andy's coin program and this whats happening. After I download a file it its placed on the desktop. From there I can move it to any other file I want to ( I set up a folder to store downloaded file in) I can see the icon and its name but still can't open, I understand at this point its still in the ptrn file and can't open it. Now when I open the Xchange then go to upload or open it I can't even find it , it not anywhere or in any file even though its still on the desktop or in the file where I moved it, its like its not even there anymore I just can't find it. I'm not getting the use of one of the greatest features of the E-Trac and I'm starting to get pretty frustrated. I must have a mental block or maybe just my head is somewhere else but I just can't get it any help here would be appreciated, thanks...

I feel your pain, I also don't understand why they just don't take a camera pic and post it and give the line settings. I have heard you have to plug your detector into the computer with the adapter cord that came with it, I didn't see one in mine, well I ain't sticking nothing into my computer without some kind of paper work. I have a friend who just got an E-Trac last week I quess I will just have to ask him about it, he's a computer kind of guy. Will let you know what I find out.

Do you have the E-Trac Xchange program loaded on your computer? If so, then you go to the pattern that you want to open and click on it. It should open with the E-Trac Xchange, if it doesn't, then you need to right click that pattern file and choose to open with E-Trac Xchange.

It took me awhile to figure it out, but once you get the hang of it it'll become second nature.

Good Luck

Ashdigger

When I make and save a pattern or download one I have them saved in their own file labeled E-Trac Patterns placed on my desktop.
When you open your E-Trac exchange program.
1. Click on patterns
2. Click on I want to upload to E-Trac
3. Click on Open
4. A box will pop up prompting you in regards to look in ? file will display
5. Click the arrow to the right of that window at the top of the box and a drop list showing your files is displayed, click on the E-Trac Pattern(s) file you created or saved.
6. The file will then open in the E-Trac exchange and then you can up load it to your machine.

Hope this helps

B.Cooper
Missouri

I downloaded Andy's discrimination pattern and stored it in a folder named "E-tracModeFiles" on my desktop. I then connected my detector to the computer with the supplied cable. I then opened the E-trac Exchange program and clicked on the "Patterns" tab. I then clicked on "Upload a pattern to E-trac." Then I clicked on "Open." The folder on my computer with the pattern file opened. I selected the pattern and then selected where I wanted to place it...like in "My Pattern 1," for example. Then I clicked on "Upload." It then uploaded to my detector. I don't know why you can't find the file on your computer. It should be as simple as browsing your desktop and selecting the folder/file. When your are looking for the folder with the program, are you seeing the other folders on your desktop, if you have any others?

Hey thanks for the help guys I "Gotter Licked" I took the advise and it worked well I'm on the road, now if it will only rain....Take care..