Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need Help with head phones - - - - - - - - - - due to the size of this string, I pinned it up here to keep page 1 flowing....

Hockey2

WY when i plug the headphones in the 1/4 head phone jack the sound is still playing from the detector speaker and very low in the head phones its like the head phone are at low volume ???????

You probably already know this. But they make stereo headphones and they make mono headphones. And, they also make headphones that have a "compatibility" toggle to let you adapt to most detectors. The UR 30's' that come with the CTX 3030 work properly and shut off the speaker. The inexpensive Garrett Headphones I use in the summer work well and shut off the speaker. My GG headphones work well, but do not shut off the detector's speaker. I am currently trying to find out what it is about the toggle switch on my GG's that makes this so? I honestly don't know at this time. But for now, if you are not using the UR 30's, you may need to flip the toggle on those you are using and see if that works. And I'll keep you posted as to what I find out about the issue you are having. HH Randy

Digger thinks i am using sun ray pro gold like i said i was out using them and i could Berle heir the sound and the volume was max-out on the detector and head phones now playing with it at home its loud maybe i did not have them in all the way and when. I plug my head phones in it will not show up on the toll bar if i pull it out one click it well show up on the toll bar but no sound coming from the head phones let me no what u find out thanks for Ur help

I like my sun-ray pro golds, I really hope there's a fix for this.I have yet met anybody who actually uses the UR30 headset.
Guess with enough time I could get comfortable with them. Just saying!

HH

Ken

This is interesting. I have the Gray Ghost Deep Woods that I will use with the machine and it has two switches on the inside - one for loudness protection and the other for use on different detectors.

I wonder if the depth that the headphone goes in is causing the speaker not to shut off? This does sound like a bug and I hope it is addressed quickly for those of us (me) that are getting the starter pack. Obviously having both the speaker on and the headphones will eat more battery, but the bigger issue to me is that it is a bit noisy for those around you, like if you are in a park or the like.

Thanks for your help on it Randy.

Albert

i am guessing its just a flick of a switch on the pro golds when i change from etrac to another brand i need to change the switches on the phones and then back again.

BP

i hope so too :biggrin: otherwise going to be some unhappy campers about.

BP

I wonder if the processor in the grey ghost headphones are interfering with the CTX. The plug on the GG and Koss look identicle. I had the same problem when trying out my headphones on a dealer demo unit. I noticed when I turned off the grey ghost headphones, the headphone icon briefly appeared on the CTX.

Most hardwired 1/4" jacks on other detectors have a simple spring contact that breaks the speaker connection when you insert the headphone plug. The CTX headphone adapter connects to the the waterproof headphone connector, which in itself only has pins for the headphone signal, so I'm pretty sure that instead of a physical switch, the CTX senses the impedance or conductance of the headphones when connected and then turns off the speaker. The Grey Ghosts must be wired slightly different from the Koss UR-30's, or is outside the impedance range for the disconnect to happen properly.

Some headphones have a mono/stereo switch, some like my Rats come with a reversible cable. Anyways, I'll bet it's either the way the headphones are wired between the tip and 2 rings on the plug, or it's a speaker impedance issue.

The AT Pro had the same issue not turning off the speaker with certain 3rd party headphones when connected with the 1/4" to waterproof adapter, and it was found to be an impedance matching problem. Some enterprising users found that using an extension cable with built in volume control between the headphones and adapter solved that issue.

Once some of the "techy" folks have a look, I'm sure there will be an easy solution.

When you sync up the wireless module, the speaker in the detector is disabled electronically. At that time, the speaker in the wireless module is carrying the audio. When you plug headphones into the wireless module jack, the speaker in the wireless module is disabled and the audio is provided through your headphones. I've tried several different headphones, some with the compatibility switch and others without, and both types work well when using the wireless module. HH Randy

I emailed detectordepo with a detailed description and they will get back to me once they hear from detector pro, after Monday. Hope I got those names right:crylol:

Albert

oh this is not good not good at all i didn't get the wireless thingy because well wires don't bother me and i don't want to carry that box around as well and am used to pro golds and the koss phones do not work for me, now what ???? spent big $$$$ and no worky ??? can you hear me screaming from there ? so if i want to use the machine with pro golds etc... i need to buy the wireless box?????? no can not be right must be some mistake right please tell me its a mistake??? its April 1 right ? this is a joke :blink:

the cheapest detector on the block uses what ever phones you want and one of the most expensive doesn't ?? your going to have to excuse me but i am in shock :sadwalk:

BP

Grab something cold to drink and relax. :smoke: The speakers in the headphones work fine. But some reports indicate certain models don't shut off the speaker in the detector. I would have to think this has been addressed by the various manufacturers, or soon will be. Like I said earlier, it's being looked at very closely. And as soon as we learn anything new, we'll post it here.

ok thanks Randy at worst an adaptor plug ? oh dear, i don't drink but maybe i might have to start :lmfao: well a coke will do :clapping:

BP

I own the sunray gold headphones also and they are doing the same thing for me with the external speaker. The sound comes through both at the same time regardless of switch settings. The kloss headphones work fine connected to the machine, the external speaker goes silent. As for the wireless module the sunrays work perfectly with that, the external speakers both go silent.
I tried to shut off the sound of the external speaker via the exchange software since you can independently adjust the volume and threshold for the external speaker on the unit, the external speaker on the wireless unit, the headphone on the detector and the headphone on the headphones on the wireless unit. When I did that the headphones went crazy when they were plugged into the machine. I had a threshold in them but not from the machine but I could not hear targets. It was weird. Also as I was hitting the toggles on the headphones they started going crazy, I had to unplug them. Hopefully this is a firmware fix but if it is not it may turn out to be a good thing that minelab had the module on the back of the detector, they can easily be replaced if it is their issue

hey spdnj

thanks for the detailed update hope your right that a firmware patch can fix this problem, don't see its anyone's fault but minelab all the phones have been around long before this detector so hope your right that the module on the detector can be replaced or a patch either way i am not happy but this what happens buying early before the bugs are ironed out.

thanks again!

BP

Blank Planet said:
hey spdnj

thanks for the detailed update hope your right that a firmware patch can fix this problem, don't see its anyone's fault but minelab all the phones have been around long before this detector so hope your right that the module on the detector can be replaced or a patch either way i am not happy but this what happens buying early before the bugs are ironed out.

thanks again!

BP

I agree, I knew coming into this I would be a guinea pig:surrender: but was willing to do so. Maybe a new plug module will be a fix.

But we shouldn't be surprised. This is coming from a company that gave us a 1/8" jack on the original Explorer:rant: