Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with ID

handle walking stick? Would lack a medallion ornament on the flat ... on condition that the size is right ...
The engraving work can also be Moroccan ... i think

n/t

Quite possibly an old door knob from a mortise type lock. Even though most of those have internals threads for the square shaft that goes through the lock to both sides, it might be someone's design that didn't catch on. Make a walking stick out of it.

Why would the door knob be flat faced? I say look at if with the flat side down...something screwed on the top...Ink bottle, or something similar?

HH,

I think it is one of a pair of salt and pepper shakers.

My take on this is that it appears to possibly have threads on the inside also. I could be
wrong about that but probably would not make any difference. To me it appears to have
a beveled edge at the top meaning that it would be a piece of hardware/knob for either
a water faucet or gas valve that may have been used in a wealthy person's home. It
also appears to have grooves vertically inside where it also looks to have threads. Those
vertical grooves are similar to the PTO shaft for a tractor. Either way, I would say it was
a faucet handle for hot or cold water that had a nut that screwed up on it to seal it from
leaking. If you would look at the flat portion, you can see where it appears to have had
at one time a compound or something that would have glued a decorative smooth round
"marble like" decoration on it. What worries me about my definition is that you say it is
copper. While some were made of copper, most were made of brass. Any chance of that?

Although not an exact match, I think you can get the idea.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/213906606/antique-decorative-brass-salt-pepper-set?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_c-home_and_living-kitchen_and_dining-dining_and_serving_deeplink&utm_custom1=2c09b4c1-58bd-7348-734d-000033909362&gclid=CJzM_paew8gCFYdlfgodYmANgQ