Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with settings for seeded hunts using the Deus 2

Philber

I'm new to the Deus platform and have near 100 hours on the D2 with the 11" coil. I'm thinking of using it for a seeded hunt coming up and wanted to get some suggestions for settings. What mode would you suggest? What reactivity level? What sensitivity level as the targets will be tossed on ground or buried maybe 2" deep. Any other settings adjustments you would recommend? Thanks!

Thinking out loud here, and never have done a seeded hunt, but I'd guess you should take the control box off and use it on your arm or use the puck on the handle so you can swing faster. If they're all coins maybe Deus Mono, sens as far up as you can go without falsing. Even at 2 inches a higher sens could catch things off the coil center. I'd guess multi freq would lead to EMI with all the other detectors around. Good luck!

If targets are going to be that shallow, go with a Reactivity of 3.....or even 4 if it a trashy site. Notch the heck out of it too if it is just coins.
Good point Several hunts will be mostly us silver coins, but there will be some tokens and some forgeign coins both of which could be mid tones

Put it in fast mode and hunt…… you may have EMI issues since it’s a seeded hunt. Turn your sensitivity down to where it is semi quiet. Go hunt !!!!!

During my first and only seeded hunt with my D2 I was surprised - even at switching on in the starting row there was no EMI at all (I think I run an incarnation of program 2 at this time).