Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help !!!

kgramlich

Took the etrac out today started out fine in middle of hunt noticed that when I pinpointed my machine started to make a singsong cracking sound when I got right on top of where the coin was...Found the coin ok but never had that happen before..I did a reset and cleaned under my coil cover and made sure the coil was tight to my machine. Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on??? Did notice sometime back it did make a static kind of noise every once in awhile but never when in pinpoint mode...Any help would be greatly​ appreciated

It's possible that there was something about that target that wasn't allowing the machine to ID/lock onto it correctly, maybe corrosion or bits of metallic junk in the hole with it...I really haven't ever had that happen. I did have my Explorer2 make THE goofiest warbling/hooting noise on a super duper deep clad quarter though...I've really never heard it again to that degree,it was insane. The quarter was 10"+ with the X-12 coil in Manual 22. Sorry I'm of no help, but it sounds like a real anomaly.

If you were wearing headphones could be them or dirty headphone connections. I had a pair of ear buds with what I think was a blown speaker. Sounded terrible at high volumes. When you pinpoint the sound tends to be loud especially when right over the target.