Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need some advice

JimToddy

i have a whites eagle spectrum that for some reason isn’t performing as it should, I have tried all the different programs to no avail, it will only pickup coins at about two inches when on the surface with the sensitivity on full and the discrimination off, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

i have a whites eagle spectrum that for some reason isn’t performing as it should, I have tried all the different programs to no avail, it will only pickup coins at about two inches when on the surface with the sensitivity on full and the discrimination off, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
Sounds like a trip to Centreville Electronics is in order.
They repaired my Spectrum with a new screen and she
runs great. Good Luck...
silverseeker 2

A bad search coil is a key suspect but it could be something internal. If you can find another coil to try, that would be a good first step.

Make sure the coil cable is screwed all the way in and the contacts on the battery are clean and corrosion free, also look inside where the battery slides in and make sure there is no corrosion. Could be something that simple maybe.

Make sure the coil cable is screwed all the way in and the contacts on the battery are clean and corrosion free, also look inside where the battery slides in and make sure there is no corrosion. Could be something that simple maybe.
Had a look but nothing obviou. Cheers

Hello Jim. If you have a chance to swap coils I'd try that. May be the coil became faulty over time. If there is a MD club close by give it a try, too. Most people are nice and helpful.
Good Luck 🍀

Hello Jim. If you have a chance to swap coils I'd try that. May be the coil became faulty over time. If there is a MD club close by give it a try, too. Most people are nice and helpful.
Good Luck 🍀
Yes I’ll give it a go. Cheers