Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEED some feed back on the X-Terra pro

C.J.M.

Would appreciate some feed back on this new x-terra pro detector.Can you use a smaller coil for this detector if so what size is it?Does M/L make another smaller coil for another model that might fit the Terra model?Thank you guys.

Attachments

• 25646831-3D04-4C3C-AD5C-5FBEEBD32773.jpeg
    25646831-3D04-4C3C-AD5C-5FBEEBD32773.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 87
Minelab currently doesn't make any other X-Terra Pro specific coils, but all the Equinox coils work with the Pro.
They are supposed to release more coils specifically for the Pro sometime, but nobody seems to know when.

Yes that coil will work. The problem is , it cost almost as much as the complete detector…… come on Minelab !!! Not being able to get a 7x10X coil is holding up people from buying the Xterra Pro.🤬
Hmmm,now I am having second thoughs.I think the terra pro was made to compete against the Simplex :shrug:.

Hmmm,now I am having second thoughs.I think the terra pro was made to compete against the Simplex :shrug:.
Yes it is , it comes with a large coil . I am a coin shooter. The 7”x
10”X coil is a factory coil with a reasonable price. The coil tech coil is aftermarket and it cost as much as the detector does . As soon as the 7”x10” X coils are available I will get that set up. I don’t have the money to buy a coil tech coil . I need the Wireless headphones. Too bad you can’t order as to what you like at the beginning.

Yes it is , it comes with a large coil . I am a coin shooter. The 7”x
10”X coil is a factory coil with a reasonable price. The coil tech coil is aftermarket and it cost as much as the detector does . As soon as the 7”x10” X coils are available I will get that set up. I don’t have the money to buy a coil tech coil . I need the Wireless headphones. Too bad you can’t order as to what you like at the beginning.
After you spend money for everything you need your at around $400 . It’s about the same if you want a Simplex Ultra . Gotta add a coil and wireless headphones.

Would appreciate some feed back on this new x-terra pro detector.Can you use a smaller coil for this detector if so what size is it?Does M/L make another smaller coil for another model that might fit the Terra model?Thank you guys.
The Vanquish coils work for it as well. I picked up a Vanquish 540 pro pack when they first came out as a backup to my Equinox 800. It is a very capable detector, the pro pack came with the Vx8 and Vx15 coils. Both will work on the Xterra Pro. Selling my Simplex+ and getting the Xterra pro as I have all 3 Equinox 800 coils, a coiltek 10x6, and both coils for the Vanquish. So just for compatibility reasons and continuity of familiarity between detectors I decided to pick up the Xterra Pro and sell the Simplex which has also been a really good detector, but it just makes sense with all the coils and lower rods that will work on the Xterra pro.

The Vanquish coils work for it as well. I picked up a Vanquish 540 pro pack when they first came out as a backup to my Equinox 800. It is a very capable detector, the pro pack came with the Vx8 and Vx15 coils. Both will work on the Xterra Pro. Selling my Simplex+ and getting the Xterra pro as I have all 3 Equinox 800 coils, a coiltek 10x6, and both coils for the Vanquish. So just for compatibility reasons and continuity of familiarity between detectors I decided to pick up the Xterra Pro and sell the Simplex which has also been a really good detector, but it just makes sense with all the coils and lower rods that will work on the Xterra pro.
Vanquish coils will Not work on the Xterra Pro as per Minelab USA .

From Minelab website:

Are VANQUISH & EQUINOX Coils cross-compatible?​

No. VANQUISH coils cannot be used on EQUINOX, and EQUINOX coils cannot be used on VANQUISH.

If you can't use Vanquish coils on an Equinox, you can't use them on the Xterra Pro. You can use Equinox coils on the Xterra Pro. Your attachment is wrong...

From Minelab website:

Are VANQUISH & EQUINOX Coils cross-compatible?​

No. VANQUISH coils cannot be used on EQUINOX, and EQUINOX coils cannot be used on VANQUISH.

If you can't use Vanquish coils on an Equinox, you can't use them on the Xterra Pro. You can use Equinox coils on the Xterra Pro. Your attachment is wrong...
That says VANQUISH cannot be used on EQUINOX, says NOTHING about the Xterra Pro. Why would they need to work on the Equinox to work on the Xterra Pro??

Any problems with the stock phone?In case of problems who repairs it?Thanks-cjm
minelab likes you to use minelab only so you are only hearing in mono try a pair of minelab headphones when i got my ctx i used black widows and my buddy was always saying that target sounds good fact being it did not cut out internal speaker