Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need some help on the Habor Freight single barrel rock tumber.

Oak

My belt on my Habor Freight rock tumber broke. I know they sell a belt for the double barrell tumber, but I didn't see any for the single barrell. I could assume that the belt will work on both, but you know how assuming can get you in trouble. :rofl:
I know in the past some has used a vaccum cleaner belt. For those who have... what belt was it? Hoover? Eureka? and part number.
If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

thanks,

I can't remember but I think someone just tied a shoelace for a replacement belt and that worked. Also a large rubber band may also work if you are looking to do it on the cheap.

I use wide rubber bands on mine.
HH
Mike

I have tumbled a LOT of coins with my Harbor Freight. I think I have had it about 4 years now and am still on the original belt. I think the key is not to overfill the tumbler with to much gravel, coins and water. If you have the old belt take it up to a vacumn cleaner store and they can match it up for you. I also got an extra belt with mine when I originally bought it.

I am not necessarily looking for cheap, but cheap is good. :rofl:
I like your ideas.

thanks

Robo is right. Do not overload the barrel or the belt will break. My old tumbler kept breaking belts and HF gave me a new one and it has'nt lost a belt in over a year. Good luck and HH :minelab:

Thanks Mike .. I am leaning in that direction with using a wide rubber band.

Robo,

I bought mine about 5 years ago and just broke the first belt. I remember someone saying not to over load it, so I have been very careful not to do that.
But it is a good reminder for those who don't know that.
The vacumn cleaner store is a good idea too. I just thought that even a hobby store might be a good place too.

thanks for your help

thanks Hershey1 ... that is good advise. I appreciate the input.

Next time you buy celery or Lettuce at grocery store ..save the rubber ban.. wrapped around the item. Their ideal size and strength...

Elton nailed it ....

I still have the original and the spare belt. But I did test one of those produce rubber bands, they do the trick !

Rubber O rings from an auto parts store, thick rubber bands and maybe some smaller Vacuum belts will work.
I never overload my double, still on the same belt after a year of tumbling.
I also got 5 replacement belts with the unit.

LaDigger shows how to replace belts in this video.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5V1Yij4H5k[/video]