Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need some help with the numbers for Platinum for the CTX

Grumpyolddiver

I will be looking for a platinum ring or watch that was supposed to have been lost years ago. I believe that it is a credible lead
So am going to go after it. It will be mixed in with sinkers and hooks. And who knows what else. So any help with numbers will be greatly appreciated. Grumpy

Grumpy,
Pretty big difference between a ring and a watch, and pretty big difference between small ring and big ring...but if it helps any, platinum is awfully close to gold.
(Which is, unfortunately, awfully close to all the other low conductors...)

The problem:
Small plat ring = usually low to medium conductive numbers
Med plat ring = medium to upper medium numbers
Large ring = upper medium to high numbers
Watch = usually high numbers

In other words, numbers probably won't help you any, unless you know a little more about your target.

Good luck, anyway...I hope you find it!

:)
mike

My med mens Pt ring comes in like a nickel.

I have scanned many platinum rings and the come in anywhere from
12-7 to 12-3
Hope this helps