Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need somebody to do a test with the equinox.

Park 1 -3 to -5
Park 2 -8 to -9

Field 1 14-15
Field 2 No response

Beach 1 broken tone 14
Beach 2 1 and 2

Gold 1 bouncing numbers from - to 20
Gold 2 -4.

I wouldn't have dug the signal based on the VDI or the tones, but, I doubt that I will ever run my coil over half dollars stacked perfectly straight up and down :biggrin:

try them in 5 khz. You should get a 39-40. What is happening is the TID is wrapping around to the negative side.

But don't fret, this can be solved in two ways, using 5 khz OR accepting -10 to -5

Beyonder said:
try them in 5 khz. You should get a 39-40. What is happening is the TID is wrapping around to the negative side.

But don't fret, this can be solved in two ways, using 5 khz OR accepting -10 to -5

-10 to -5 is a diggable signal on the Equinox?

IDXMonster said:

-10 to -5 is a diggable signal on the Equinox?

In this situation ie a hoard of silver coins.

I dont have mine yet, but this same test I do with the half or even a few quarters on all the detectors in the last few years will either null or give you a trashy signal. I was told it is seeing too much silver density and can not read correctly. Try it with a roll of quarters or even 5 or 6 quarters stacked up and you will be shocked at the readings.

Rick

The Equinox doesn’t like silver quarters, halves or most silver rings standing on edge either..

Just like iron can sound like silver, in a situation like that, silver can sound like iron.

I’m hoping they address this in an update. My E-Trac has no problems with coins or rings standing on edge..

Bryan V said:
I’m hoping they address this in an update. My E-Trac has no problems with coins or rings standing on edge..

its more the technology in the detector limiting that than software, I doubt it will be fixed. But who knows. I could be wrong, but just my 2 cents.

It’s been awhile since I’ve had my CTX but if I remember correctly it had trouble with big silver if the conductive numbers
were blocked up in the top right corner. Like FE line 1 CO 49-50.. if you opened them up it was fine..

Bryan