Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need the 3030 modified beach program

Ben Town

I’m in Florida and want to do some beach hunting .
Trouble is , I don’t have Andy’s Modified Beach program from the CTX book on my machine, and the book and my computer with all the programs stored , is at home .
The settings are no trouble but I’d like a pic of the Discrimanation screens so I can remove a program from my machine and rebuild the modified beach program.
As I leave in central IL I have no need for a beach setup and forgot to load it before I came down.
I could do a reset and get all the stock programs back but that would be a last resort.
If anyone would have a pic I can copy from would be great.
I’ve looked on all the sites and can only find downloads that won’t work with an IPad
Haven’t done much beach hunting but was successful with that program in the past.
Thanks
BT

The modified beach program, with some personal modifications, is the one I also use for beach and surf hunting the west coast of Florida and I could not be happier.

2018 Finds to Date:
Gold Rings - 10
Gold (6 teeth) Grillz - 1
Silver Pieces inc Rings - 22
US Coins - 2,308
(earliest coin - 1899 Barber)
Knives - 2
Watches - 1
Bottle Caps - Hardly None!

Well , I built the program back up on my machine and went to the beach this morning .
First hit was a nice ring about 6” and then of coarse a lot of clad a few bottle tops that had to be dug .
Not much of a beach hunter but now I have to go back as I found a ring.
Thanks again
BT

Can you share settings please!!!!!

Ferrous coin?
High trash?
Deep on or off?
Sencitivity manual automatic?
Combined , 50 tome?
Etc etc

I used the pattern pictured above and had something with a bit more Discrimanation for pattern 2 .
Was easy to tell most bottle caps and pull tabs but there were a few that I had to dig
I haven’t been on the beach much, more time relic hunting or old home sites

Fast off
Deep on
Pinpoint sizing
Manual sensitivity and had it at 26 and it ran quite
Low Trash
Salt Water off , I did have it on for a bit when in the surf, but the 17” coil in the surf is not for me , I went back to dry sand.
Noise canceled often with the coil on the sand
Had headphones of coarse and dug a few memorial penny’s 10 / 12 inches the ring was around 6 inches and I think it was a 12/39 strong, lots of clad
I’m on a beach that was full of spring breakers for the last few weeks and next time out I may drop the sensitivity a bit and maybe leave the corroded memorials that we’re deep .
Have a friend that is learning the nox 800 and he found some clad. I kinda checked it out but I’m not ready to learn a new machine yet and happy with the CTX.
He really likes it and loves its light weight , does not like that it won’t overload on a aluminum can or large piece of foil but thinks he can identify now.
BT