Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need your ideas- quick!

Boondocks

I am in central AL deer hunting and I have just been given permission to hunt 2 houses side by side that were built in the late 1850’s. (they’re on the historic registry so they’re legit.). I am primarily a beach hunter but I have my CTX with me. I have to be there at noon and today is my only shot. Any tips? For example? Should I go super fast and look for 12- high #’s only to cover ground, what should I expect? Lots of trash? What about non coin #’s? Anything I shouldn’t ignore? I know to usually dig it all but I’ll miss a ton of land on this one. Any real suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you!
P.S.- Can you tell I’m excited ?!?

bad situation.... 2 places, old, only a few hours to hunt.
Personally, I'd start out just going for the coins. Obvious silver targets and clear nickle targets. If you aren't hitting a lot in the first 30 minutes, open it up to everything Indian Head and better. Don't snail crawl, try to cover as much ground without just randomly speed walking the places. If you gett a good hit, quickly hunt a 10 foot circle around it to see if it s part of a hot spot before going back to you pattern.

If this a site you won't come back to often, I would concentrate on coins. You may already use the "beach" mode but its really good for coins too. Dig the 1230 to 1245 range where most coins and a lot of jewelry are then dig other areas like the nickel (1212-1214) if time permits. Your big problem will be iron. If like a lot of Bama the soil is claye and good stuff may not be to deep but masked by iron. Start with fast on and see what you hit how deep it is and how much iron ur hitting. Use a small coil if you have one and use TT. The CTX tends to false iron but but if TT builds with red and shows two objects thats probably what you have.Let us know how it goes. HH

So how did you make out??

Very good! I found a few wheat pennies, a heel plate and the Southern Cross of Honor for the Confederacy. Awesome day!!!