Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Negative #s ID

SWMO Mark

Has anyone done any ID test on iron targets ? If nails register close to the same neg. numbers. I was wondering if larger targets like guns, cannonballs, would give a different number than nails. If anyone has any large iron IDs, I would be interested in hearing in what numbers they are. Thanks, Mark

No test just some field observations. Big iron can hit with positive #'s as we all know but I feel iron has it's own signature, some just hit one way some hit both ways. On the right sites I will dig some pretty cool iron relics {only on purpose of course}:pinnochio
Let us know what cannoballs ID when you dig some!!
Jeff

When I did the stacked silver test (4 silver dollars) I noticed it would have a solid tone and a solid negative 8

When I beach hunt I use the all metal function, often on larger iron targets I get a high positive like 34 on first hit followed by a -6 or -7, it then bounces around high and low tone. I still dig them as it's easy but usually ends up being a rusting metal object like tent stake, toy car or other larger "iron" target.

Hotrod65 said:
When I beach hunt I use the all metal function, often on larger iron targets I get a high positive like 34 on first hit followed by a -6 or -7, it then bounces around high and low tone. I still dig them as it's easy but usually ends up being a rusting metal object like tent stake, toy car or other larger "iron" target.

The same for me as well. I am hunting in woodland areas. Same number scenarios though on large iron in all metal mode.

I have 5 tone set
-1 to -3 (nails) at a low quiet tone.
-4 and down a higher loud tone for iron relics,
0-10 a higher than iron relics sound loud tone
and 11-40 highest and loud tone.

Basically 3 tones plus low nail tone.

This is my setting for relics when I want to dig iron relics.

If I'm not after iron relics I use 2 tone.

Easy to adjust the way you want it.

Rick

When I tested iron objects like old locks, gun parts (smaller iron relics) they hit negative numbers unless the iron was deep then is positive.

That's why I set 5 tones up the way I did. I like digging iron relics. Others don't want to dig any iron.

So it's nice the Equinox as the adjustments to set it up the way you like.

Now all I need is a 9" concentric coil. Or at least a 8" or 9" round coil.

Rick