Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL SharpShooter coil 9.5 x 5.5

Hello fellow Etrac-ers I am considering an NEL sharpshooter coil in the 9.5 x 5.5 configuration. I am looking to use it in trashy areas where the standard coil is a bit large. Has anyone used one? how would you compare it to the stock coil for finding coins in trashy areas? any other coil options you have used or would suggest?

UWMM

I have one. Love it. I have the x-5, had sef 8x6, stock coil, and tornado. Example. Went over a yard with the x-5, SEF 8x6, 11 inch and tornado. Went back over the yard with the Sharpshooter. Found 2 more wheats. They were clear and pounding. I knew right then that it was an different tool for my toolbox. Now i use mainly the Sharpshooter, 11 Stock coil and Tornado. That 3 combo I believe everybody should have. The X-5 is a great coil. But the Sharpshooter allows me to cover more ground and not need to change out coils very often. I pounds hard on Nickels too. Just my few cents worth of my experience.

I have been able to compare the NEL SShooter with the SEF 6x8 and the Detech 5x10 WSS on the same targets , in the same ground , with the same machine and have come to the conclusion that there isn't enough difference between them to be significant in terms of performance. The SS has the best warranty(2years) but the thickest and most difficult cable to get through the shaft. The etrac gets sensitivity readings in my ground in "A" of 8 to 10. All three will hit a nickel at about 6.5" with decent ID , at 7" the ID is poor , at 8" it disappears. Separation shows little difference either. Your results may be different , I don't really care to argue about it.:)

I think since some areas have difficult ground and others don't there are variations in results due to that factor. My area is low iron and ground overall is not difficult to detect in. I do not sell any products just use them so my opinion is only from the customer side. Have no reason to push one brand or another. I can only tell based on my experience. I believe NEL coils have proven to be my best go to coils with the best results. SEF seems to be the old tech and NEL seems to break through where others have missed coins. That includes me. I only wish to help others get the best equipment for the best results. Thanks for listening and for the support I have had over the years on this site. Happy Hunting.

I agree. I personally find the ground coverage and elliptical coils work best for me and are the most desirable. I have yet to understand why Detech makes two coils for the same machine which are so close in performance.

Sprchng,

I guess you can sell the same type of coil 2 times instead of once

Here is the test U all should try. When U go to a site use all the other coils that U might have, At the end use the Sharpshooter and see if U missed any coins. I think it is the best test U could do. When I get a new coil I return to pounded out sites. If I find coins then the coil is a keeper.