Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL THUNDER

sunraysux

open ??? gents.......have seen//read all the rave comments on the aforementioned coil in this forum from many of the experienced stalwarts....so i guess i am ready to take the plunge//but hate getting bent over in the process
i have scouted the internet and the cheapest i have seen it was $200 with free shipping on Flea-Bay
i hate that sire personally....and the seller is in Russia which does not give me a warm fuzzie either
...any and all help is appreciated!!//THX

Buy from someone reputable and well known. It'll bend you over a little bit but not so much as a bad deal from abroad that you can't get out of....

sunraysux said:
open ??? gents.......have seen//read all the rave comments on the aforementioned coil in this forum from many of the experienced stalwarts....so i guess i am ready to take the plunge//but hate getting bent over in the process
i have scouted the internet and the cheapest i have seen it was $200 with free shipping on Flea-Bay
i hate that sire personally....and the seller is in Russia which does not give me a warm fuzzie either
...any and all help is appreciated!!//THX

"Hello Sunray". Hope you soon have your NEL THUNDER.

Question....was there something particular about this 'BIG NELLY' that caught your interest?

What is your particular preference when you go searching ?

What do you anticipate in improvements from the THUNDER, over your stock-coil?

I've done a bit of research on BIG NELLY, and have some theoretical opinions on its performance.

In the UK, the E-Trac Nelly sells for about £195.

I think you will enjoy this coil.....matt.

well several of the folks on this forum that i hold in high regard swear by it....
i am seeking a bit more depth....good solid performance and stability and separation of targets
i do homes/schools/parks primarily so moderate trashy areas that have been used for many many years

I have the Thunder and Tornado. I still like the Tornado the best.

Tornado is very easy to pinpoint and has proven depth. Still trying to determine if the thunder is better than the Tornado. I think it is just another tool in the toolbox so far.

I don't read the classifieds regularly and maybe you already have but , why not run a "wanted to buy" ad there and see if anyone comes forth with a deal on a used one?

OK...thats good to know
but would you rate it vastly superior to the 11 inch minelab stock coil??
or is it more of a marginal difference?

Let me put it this way. A buddy of mine is a expert with the Etrac. Found over 100 sllver's last year. We were hunting a yard and he had on the stock coil. I had on the Tornado. He went over a area and then I did with the tornado on the etrac. I heard a deep signal and 10 inches down was an 1822 half dollar. He did not hear it at all. That was all the proof I needed. Not the best pic but good enough for the point.

lol.....the NY area cynic in me would say that he went across that beauty at the wrong angle....and you the right angle
thats why you heard it and he didn't....but point taken
and i would assume you have lots of anecdotal results from using the TORNADO now all the time that tells you it is far superior to the stock coil

sunraysux said:
lol.....the NY area cynic in me would say that he went across that beauty at the wrong angle....and you the right angle
thats why you heard it and he didn't....but point taken
and i would assume you have lots of anecdotal results from using the TORNADO now all the time that tells you it is far superior to the stock coil

Hello again 'Sunshine'

Ditch the cynic ......I have done some serious professional testing on the THUNDER for the E-TRAC.

I cannot account for all eventualities of site conditions...no one can predict that.... BUT

The NEL THUNDER has a *potential* gain of 30% max over the Stock '11 inch' coil.

*(Coin size and conductivity dependant)*

Matt's rating of the Stock coil is INDEX 8.

The E-Trac NEL tHUNDER is INDEX 10.5.

Percentage gain; [10.5 minus 8.] divided by 8 = 0.3 x 100% = 30 %

Regards matt.

DId U tst the TOrando vs stock coil? Would like to know the results if U did.

nalc472 said:
DId U tst the TOrando vs stock coil? Would like to know the results if U did.

"Hello Nalc"

I've done a quick analysis for you, on the NEL TORNADO 12"x13" from an advertised picture of it !

The scaled TORNADO results produce a figure of approximately INDEX 10 compared to the Stock coils INDEX 8.

So the estimated percentage gain of the 12"x13" TORNADO over the STOCK 11" is;

[size=large]( 10 minus 8 ) divided by 8 = ( 2/8 x 100% ) = 25%[/size]

Because of each coil's different 'shape' factors (ECCENTRICITIES) it's not easy to account for

the ultimate comparative results in your soil. Only your tests can do that.

Don't use clad coins that are 'iron' cored......

*(Coin size and conductivity dependant)*

Regards matt.

25 percent would be pretty good in my opinion. I fit was only say 5 percent maybe not worth it but 25 percent makes a big difference.