Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEL tornado coil-F75LTD

Has anyone tried the Nel tornado coil on the current F75 LTD? What do you think of it? Better depth and separation than the stock 11 inch coil?

I have one for my LTD. I like the stock coil better. Not much depth difference and hard to ground grab on many farms I hunt. I rehunted some sites and found nothing deeper that I missed. I have tried 2 because of the GB trouble, I sent the first one back and the second one was the same.

No experience with that coil but I did get the Sharpshooter which seems to work a lot better in trashy areas as compared to the stock 5”. Otherwise I have the SEF 12x10 Butterfly so I feel pretty well covered for where I live....

I use it on my F75. I like the extra ground coverage and it seems to go a little deeper (maybe 1/2") than the stock coil. It pinpoints well, but like kevinnc said, it has ground balance issues on any areas that ground balance BELOW 60.

It seems common on the high gain machines to not want to ground grab with larger aftermarket coils. The Superfly is the first one I’ve used where the ground grab has worked consistently on the T2. Only comparing to the Detech ultimate. A few things I’ve tried that sometimes help-
GG with the coil a foot off the ground
Ground Grab at 20 or less sens ( sometimes would work on the ultimate)
Repeat pushing the trigger and it will eventually try.
If there’s any real EMI, forget it
And sometimes when the ground is mild soil and wet it just won’t do it.

I use a Tornado on my F75 and love it in our Tennessee red dirt.I mostly hunt one Tone,signal mid 80’s,discrimination @ 1-5,ground balance usually low 50’s.Good targets very seldom rise above 30vdi so everything above a vdi of 10 gets investigated.

Overall, nothing beats the stock coil.
In mild soil, the stock coil will hang with any other popular model of detector as far as depth and separation. It’s pretty amazing really. I’m thinking a nel sharpshooter would be quite awesome. On the patriot(f70) it was a laser and extremely deep for its size. I could get it to hit a 10” silver quarter about 7 out of 10 passes. Awesome. Actually the Patriot with stock coil is among the deepest machines to go in my test garden. Because it can be pushed to extreme sensitivity and threshold. I’ve tested a lot of popular and mid to high end machines in there. F75 is stout. I would only buy smaller than stock coils. A 5” mainly.