Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:nerd:How do I move my save find points from my old computer to my new one?

Overvoltage

I just got a new computer and would like to move all of my old hunts and find points from the old computer to the new one. How do I do that?:nerd::shrug:

move them back to your ctx, then download them on the new computer.

find midata in exchange folder, copy to thumb drive, copy and replace midata on new computer in exchange folder. I try and keep two window computers up to date with my info in exchange.

HH

Jason, I have way too many hunts stored to move then to the CTX and then re download that would take forever.
P thanks, I will try that. I hope it works.

from finder go to the computer name, appdata, roaming, exchange2 folder, there you will see midatafile, copy to thumb drive then replace and copy in new computer exchange2 folder. I'm not a windows person so my version is out of date but it should be similar steps. Hope this helps

HH

PMonday said:
from finder go to the computer name, appdata, roaming, exchange2 folder, there you will see midatafile, copy to thumb drive then replace and copy in new computer exchange2 folder. I'm not a windows person so my version is out of date but it should be similar steps. Hope this helps

HH

I tried your tip, but there is no xchange folder in the roaming folder. darn it.

type xchange2 in finder, a drop down list should appear, click on xchange2 file folder (usually at top), you should see midata file.

HH

there is no folder. It only pulls up the xchange software to run or uninstall. right-clicking and selecting show in explorer takes me to another menu where I can look at the properties of xchange. this shows me its located where you describe, but when I try to manually go there, the roaming folder only has a folder called intel. It's like its not showing me everything

searching for midata or midatafile shows no results.

Jason in Enid said:
there is no folder. It only pulls up the xchange software to run or uninstall. right-clicking and selecting show in explorer takes me to another menu where I can look at the properties of xchange. this shows me its located where you describe, but when I try to manually go there, the roaming folder only has a folder called intel. It's like its not showing me everything

searching for midata or midatafile shows no results.

Jason, allow me to try...

First of all, it's mLdata, NOT midata...it's with an 'L'... as in an abbreviation for MineLabDATA.

(A lower case 'L' can be easily confused for in 'i'...)

Secondly, at least on my Win7 machine, the path is:
WIN7 then Users then Owner then Application Data then XChange2 <---NOTE you must replace 'owner' with whatever username YOU log on with... (owner is my username, but yours will be different)

Alternately, you could just search for the correct data file name MLDATA in lower case.

Hope this helps,
mike

thanks Mike, I was seeing it as an i, been calling it that for some time now.

Does anyone have a tutorial on using the mldata on google earth or google maps? without going thru xchange2 software.

HH

I have windows 8, and it doesnt have an app data folder under the user name folder, I even tried searching again for mldata (with a lower case L this time) and it still found nothing. :surrender:

Jason,
Sorry man, I don't have Win 8 running on any of my machines. :(
I'll try to get to one of my customers Win8 computers and install xchange to see where the files go.

I found it! It exists where you said, but for some reason, when I try to find it, it's like it's hidden.

Heres how I found it:

home icon - search for "xchange" - right click on "XCHANGE 2" and select "show in explorer" - in the new window it opens, right click "Xchange 2" and select "show in folder" - and there is was!

Hope you have it by now but I haven't tried this with Xchange2 but I have done this
with other files such as Quicken.

First- I have Windows 7
second- I have a home page Xchange2 icon as most of you do
third- Right click on the icon and choose "send to" -- "mail recipient"

Send it to your email address as a file as I would think on your new computer
that you would have the same e-mail address. Download it from there.

I would go ahead and load the newer version off their website and if you go to
download it from your e-mail it may tell you to remove the present version you have.

However, I downloaded mine from their website and my findpoints and all programs came
in with it.

Who knows????