Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Never found one of these before...

Dan'O

My first seated quarter! It looks as though it may have been in a fire, thus the two tone look.
Found the IHP under a sage brush bush and near a wooden fence post and lots of barbed wire and rusted tin.
I was using my Nokta Fors Core with the 4.7x5.2 coil in Di3 with the sens at 97 disc at 20 to just knock out most iron. Most of the time I want to listen to the iron but with so much rusted tin around, I wanted to concetrate on that for a while.
The seated quarter was near an old foundation with lots of rusted tin and big iron pieces around it.
This detector and coil combination are great for this type of hunting and some would even say it's among the best of the best. Your mileage may vary...

Attachments

• sq1876.jpg
    sq1876.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 210
  • ihp1887.jpg
    ihp1887.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 208
Nice find!!!all the seated I’ve found quarters were all in super nice condition one was a CC but worn!
A 1854 looked like it was dropped the day it was minted!
still any seated is a great find congrats!!!
Mark

Good finds come with patience and persistence.....

Congrats on your 1st seated...my 1st seated was also an 1876 quarter which came from my backyard..I’ve ever found 2 in all my years..