Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 2010 MXT Model - Anyone Have Any Info?

Folsom Don

A White's dealer tells me that a new MXT will be out within the next 60 days. Has anyone one else heard this and if so, what are some of the new features?......... Don

Wow! That would be awesome, If Whites has a decent price point I'm sure that
the new model would be a good seller.

The MXT is a great detector! In fact, I had one and the V3 as well.

It's pretty hard to beat the MXT .... great machine!

My perfect 2010 MXT: lose the coin and jewelry mode as I only use relic. Lose disc and let me be able to program the mxt so I can high beep specific VDI, low beep others and completely block out -94 to -10 letting me rely on threshold to know when I'm passing over that range :)

New features include a backlight, tone id,
and something called "Grab Button" I think.

Said to make ground balancing faster?

It's going to kick #@~ !!

seems to be that the backlight is something that all mxters wish, at least the not experienced with electronics

I've been with for a backlight too. However, I feel it still leaves the dilemna of searching in a dark hole in the ground.
I've been using Eveready's LED headlamps. Three setting, tilting lights with adjustable band. Very comfortable.
Obviously follows the head turning to screen or coil or dig. Only drawback might be being more conspicuous hunting
with the headlight. What do you folks say??

I am set up for night hunting well on my V3 and you can use (or not use) any of these to adjust to where your hunting.

1. Flip up LED Velcroed to pod. (Learned that from here.)
2. Hat clip LED.
3. Single light LED mounted in Lecshe/digger.
4. Strong mini Mag-Lite to recharge dayglo pad.
May be lit up like a helicopter but the retrieval times are as fast as a day hunt.

Here it is the lowdown kids

MXT PRO -
The new flagship of the M-line of high performance detectors. The most asked for MXT upgrades... Backlight, Tone ID, Grab Button. Plus, all of proven MXT features and the 300 coil... at no additional cost!

Looks nice, will be a pleasure buying one.

Under the display, is it graphics or buttons below it where the old graphics was.

Can it be selections buttons for the 3 modes ? Relic, coins and prospecting.

Alright, I'm trying to control myself but that detector reminds me of looking at the biggest present under the tree with my name on it. There's a small rip in the wrapping but I can't quite make out the details. What's the new graphics on the screen pod ? or is it a touch-pad with controls for the new features ? Must save $ now. MXT w/new features to make it better, how much better can it be ??? Happy, happy, happy......
HH
Scott

P.S.- I might be overstating it but a new MXT with these features at the same price is just what the economy needs to turn around !

In my opinion they should use the D2 coil as a stock coil, I seen a prototype close-up a month ago on a forum and the poster never said anything about the kind of detector he was using, I sent him a PM and his return was I wasn't supposed to notice by the pic but he said the detector was a prototype he was testing and he thought they might call it the MXT -Pro.

These detector companies are clever!

They know the DD coil is a superior coil so they won't ever put one on as a stock model.
The fact of the matter is they know many people will need and want to buy the DD coil and the cash register rings KaChing ! for them again.

It's the sales and marketing plan IMO

larryk56 said:
These detector companies are clever!

They know the DD coil is a superior coil so they won't ever put one on as a stock model.
The fact of the matter is they know many people will need and want to buy the DD coil and the cash register rings KaChing ! for them again.

It's the sales and marketing plan IMO
You might very well be exactly right Larry. Whites and every other manufacturer is running a business that needs a marketing plan to continue to be profitable. As far as I'm concerned, with Whites manufacturing quality and customer service, if selling some more of their excellent coils is their plan to continue sales, that's fine by me. They are just taking advantage of the fact that MD'ers, by nature, are, and have to be, tinkerers and most of us like/need to try-out, trade, and buy different coils. I think Whites just recognizes this fact about our trade and intelligently makes use of it. A much better way to ensure continuing profits than making inferior products that have to be replaced because they break or become outdated. ( planned obsolescence ) As long as the machine is good you're going to need more than one coil anyways, regardless of the stock one, and especially as coil technology evolves, so this strategy does not nescessarily force the consumer to waste money on extra unnescessary coils. If the stock coil is not optimum for you, there's always someone you can trade/sell it to who can use it...that's what we do.
This, of course, is all JMHO.
HH
Scott

Clever or not, I will have my 12" with a detector that i can use with my V3.

When you talk clever. Talk Mineleb terra 30,305 vs terra 70,705....

That is so clever i wanna laugh, and we all know.

>>they won't ever put one on as a stock model<<

Oh??? It IS stock on the V3 ! ! !

Jerry

Scott.....I agree! I guess the point I was making is that if people are on a budget then should know
sooner or later they will need and want another coil.

Jerry .....that's interesting!

I guess the new slogan is ... "nothing surpizes me anymore" !

CROCK of COINS said:
>>they won't ever put one on as a stock model<<

Oh??? It IS stock on the V3 ! ! !

Jerry