Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 2010 MXT Model - Anyone Have Any Info?

I don't know if calling a DD as a generically superior coil is fair. I have some areas where the 950 will out perform the DD. (Guess it all depends on where and what you're looking for). Granted, the DD is my most used coil, 5.3 second, shooter 3rd and the 950 brings up the rear. (Now here's the rub.) I could leave that statement stand,as is, and it would leave a HUGE misconception. The only reason the 950 is last is because it and the DD share most duty type, and for "most", I'm not going to be flopping coils back and forth. Clean to moderate ground....I can get more depth with a slow scrubbing 950. Ground with moderate to high trash, the DD's wiper blade field is best for shallower than 7" targets and jewelry....and I can have a faster sweeping speed. (The 950 can be used like this too but has the "round" pattern that doesn't separate as well.) A bunch of "splitting of hairs".

Now the making money part is something that we all have to do. So.... why should White's work on a less than "level" playing field than us? They do more than "a little" in servicing us....

Keep in mind that at this time all we have is speculation and not many facts how the final release(s) will be configured. I do know that the distributors and local dealers will be able to work with the customers on coil configuration and other options. As we all know, the MXT and DFX can be ordered in standard or 300 versions. All we know about at this time is the MXT Pro 300.....lets wait and see what else if anything might be coming along before release.

I just spent the last day and a half swinging a TDI with the same size coil same configuration inbetween the rocks and plants at gold basin Az. It was a pain but the only coil I have for the TDI. I swung my MXT with the 6X10 DD a few times and it was much superior. IMHO that is the one point where the MXT-Pro falls short. I understand why but still it should be a no cost option at least.

larryk56 said:
These detector companies are clever!

They know the DD coil is a superior coil so they won't ever put one on as a stock model.
The fact of the matter is they know many people will need and want to buy the DD coil and the cash register rings KaChing ! for them again.

It's the sales and marketing plan IMO

Let me guess, you're one of those guys who believe we never put a man on the moon? :detecting:

DD is NOT always a superior coil. Concentrics are much more stable and probably more useable in most soils.

I've had the D2 on the M6, it's not a great match. The 6x8 SEF works much better.

Also, the D2 won't run with the Super 12 on depth. Nothing will.

At this time the MXT Pro is replacing the MXT 300 with additional features at no extra charge. As we know, there are three buttons on the display for Tone ID that mimics the M6. Backlight with three levels and a Ground Grab for instant ground balance updates. Also included is Relic Iron Check: A new new mode for Relic, implements two-tone audio with zero- disc for fast iron check plus 2 additional tone options. The trigger switch has been returned to traditional operation where trigger-forward implements a locked pinpoint mode. As stated before, some dealers and distributors will work with you on coil selection if you do not want the 300 concentric. One option I will be offering is a 950 coil with a Bullseye pinpointer for the same price.

I wonder if there is going to be any way a guy will be able send in his older MXT and have it up graded like they did the v3 to a v3i ?

Harold

I don't think so, it is not an upgrade, it is a new model with new hardware as well as the software.

The new MXT Pro had a new look with 3 new touch pads.

One for tone Id
One for the Grab Button
One for the Back light with 3 settings - Low - Med - High.

It's a new machine! New circuit board too!

If the MXT Pro came out with a DD coil standard I think most of us would still find an excuse to buy one, two,or even three more coils. I have three and are still looking for an excuse to buy another as Scott said just the nature of the beast :detecting:

Cheers Ron

Larry, thanks for clarifying what the "facts" are concerning the MXT pro as far as what's known to this point. As far as I'm concerned, when I heard that they're coming out with an MXT with a backlight, I was sold. This may end up being the least important change, technically, from the several mentioned, ( tone ID, "ground grab", etc. ) but to a newer hunter like myself, it's all I need to convince me it's a machine I want to try. I'll be watching the feedback on these as soon as they're out to see how the whole package is working for the first owners. Please keep us informed of any more "inside" info you get on this machine Larry.
HH
Scott

I have told all of the "inside' that I know, (or allowed to tell). We have been using and working with the prototype for over a year, but don't have any hands-on with the production unit. We will have to wait until some units to get out into the users hands to hear some feedback. The backlight will be handy for some and not others as well as the tone ID. Some like the 7 tones of the M6 while others don't. This is how the tones should break down: The VDI ranges and the corresponding tones:
-95 = 57Hz (Low tone)
-94 to -4 = 128 Hz
-5 to 7 = 145 Hz
8 to 26 = 182 Hz
27 to 49 = 259 Hz
50 to 70 = 411 Hz
70 to 95 = 900 (High tone) Hz

The grab button will benefit those who hunt in changing ground conditions like prospecting and some beach hunting. For me, I Ground Balance and then lock it.

Do you have any idea about release date. Within two months seems a little long considering the story is out.

I don't think it will take that long, the last I heard they were doing a software tweak and I think it will be a matter of weeks not months. Dealers are getting the product info sheets now and the hardware usually comes soon afterwards. Say in touch with you local dealer...........:thumbup:

Just got an e-mail back from my local dealer. He confirmed all the features and said he has them in stock. Happy days!

who's your dealer , i need to know , hh jay.

Dealer

I was going to keep it to myself but who am I kidding, I don't have the $$ to buy one anyways so why bother keeping it close...Still dreaming...

Keep in mind that the only White's dealer authorized to sell new units Mail Order is Kellyco.