Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 600 Brings pounded feild site back to life

Simpsonslammer

Just got my new 600 in October, still have a lot to learn about but loving it. Went to a field site where a turn of the century school once stood. I've ponded this site every spring and fall for the last 6 yrs with my Safari and the pickings were getting pretty slim. Took the Eqinox out and got a nickel trifecta. A 1902 V, 28 Buffalo, 43P war, 2 older jeffersons, 5 wheats and a play dime. Really impressed how hard it hits on nickels.

I hunt 2 old schoolhouses on my farm and the 600 has always been hot on nickels also. today I ran it with the new update and I think it's even better.

Simpsonslammer,

Hot on nickels seems to be a common theme for the Equinox. :clap:

Congrats on your success and continued luck for you.

Rich

Machines that are hot on nickels are usually great on gold rings. IMHO!

Nice nickel trifecta since you have already pounded the site with your Safari. I used a Safari myself (love this machine) until the weight of it gave me tendonitis and had to go with the Nox 600.

Either one of these machines are awesome !!!!

Good luck out there !!

jamesinwesttexas said:
Just curious. Are you able to reasonably disc out pull tabs and still get nickles and small gold? How small? Thanks and good luck.

IMO... I wouldn't disc out near the nickel ranges (11,12,13,14) or you will miss the nicks and some gold.

I've gotten 2 nice gold pieces recently in this range. And I'll dig 10-30 nickels in the 12/13 range in an outing....depending on site.