Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 600 owner. First Minelab.

IowaRelic

What’s up, everybody. I just finalized a trade with a forum member. I let go a multi kruzer in exchange for a Nox 600. I’m really forcing myself out of my comfort zone with Minelab. Never cared for the tones. But it’s a proven machine by now and I like knowing Im swinging a hot rod detector. Looking forward to comparing it with other machines and definitely looking forward to the first couple hundred hours with it!

Others may disagree with these statements which is fine.

--- I would leave your 600 in multi frequency for general detecting. You will not get any advantage by changing to a single frequency except for investigating a target or for hunting in high EMI. Minelab optimized the 600 for multi frequency operation and it will give you the best performance overall for depth and for target ID accuracy.

--- Cranking up the sensitivity to maximum may or may not get the most depth depending on soil conditions and EMI. If your 600 is too noisy due to ground conditions and/or EMI it will still get great depth at a lower sensitivity level like 18 to 20 out of 25.

--- Just like air testing a detector in a threshold based All Metal mode is not the most accurate test for in the ground depth, air testing the 600 in Multi will not give an accurate test for how deep the 600 will go on in the ground targets especially if EMI is bad in the testing area.

--- Park 1 multi with the default settings is the best way to start.

--- Park 2 multi with the default settings is the most sensitive mode on the 600 and will hit incredibly tiny targets. I use Park 2 for .1 gram and smaller gold prospecting.

--- Park 2 and Field 2, despite the laws of physics of single frequency VLFs (higher detecting frequencies mean less depth and worse performance on higher conductors) are great for deep silver and for deep in general. At least two frequencies are being used in Park 2 and Field 2 = one is a low frequency and one is well above 20 kHz so you get the best of both.

--- Minelab Equinox Essential Information on the Detector Prospector forum is an incredible resource.
enjoy

Jeff

Last edited:
I bought a new Nox awhile back. Love it. I'm still learning the machine, but it's easy to learn. Wait till you see how deeeep it finds stuff at. I have a ext 505, and never had aproblem with her.Good hunting with your Nox. :detecting:

Last edited:
You will find more nickels with this machine than any other out there. I run my 800 on park 1 with sensitivity around 19-21. I always run it in all metal. Helps you hear the coins inbetween the iron and trash better. They are great machines and with a few hours you will be amazed at what you can find. Some of my parks are producing crazy coins.

Yep you will love it . Stop by and we can hit a park if ya want .
Yeah I apologize for not getting ahold of you yesterday, that game was cancelled and I ended up doing yard work all day. The NOX is very clean, barely used by the looks of it. I took it to some very trashy spots this morning. Let’s just say you’ll have to school me a little bit. It was a total barrage. I did dig a few of the more obvious coin targets to get a feel for it. There’s things I like and things I can see requiring me to adjust to.

Yeah I apologize for not getting ahold of you yesterday, that game was cancelled and I ended up doing yard work all day. The NOX is very clean, barely used by the looks of it. I took it to some very trashy spots this morning. Let’s just say you’ll have to school me a little bit. It was a total barrage. I did dig a few of the more obvious coin targets to get a feel for it. There’s things I like and things I can see requiring me to adjust to.
I cleaned that thing every time I came back from detecting. I take very good care of my gear. Enjoy the Equinox!

I cleaned that thing every time I came back from detecting. I take very good care of my gear. Enjoy the Equinox!
Yeah it’s totally clean. I appreciate that!
I’m liking field 2 in all metal for iron work already. I’ve done some short hunts and by tonight after work I was pulling small non ferrous targets from a modern-ish home site. The NOX did recover its first CW relic at a depth of 6” amongst nails. It may seem very insignificant but it’s a mission accomplished for me with it. To try to find a keeper in a spot I’ve walked over numerous times. I’m not sure any other machine I’ve had would have hit this target at that depth from all angles amongst the iron. It’s a buckey ball from a roundball load. You can see the dimples where it was loaded up with others against the back of the main ball. I quit immediately after digging it. Mission accomplished.
6367EF2A-80E2-40C8-AC1B-4BDDAC35A324.jpeg

Nice! I am sure you will get used to it! I just got permission to hunt an old farmstead that was supposed to be a trading store way back when here in NE Iowa...I will be using Field 2 with the horseshoe button engaged! Times running out! HH! Ted

Nice! I am sure you will get used to it! I just got permission to hunt an old farmstead that was supposed to be a trading store way back when here in NE Iowa...I will be using Field 2 with the horseshoe button engaged! Times running out! HH! Ted
Yeah I bet the air has that “winter smell” goin on back home in Iowa. I really wish I was able to teleport there to dig and then bounce back here for the rest of life.
I’m very excited to try this machine in an actually old site. I can’t always just walk to old stuff like I could in Iowa.