Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 600

Well, I pulled the trigger on a new Equinox 600 yesterday. It should be here Thursday. So, get ready for some questions for you seasoned users. Let the fun begin!!
Congratulation..! I got my Equinox 600 last Fall with no regrets. There are numerous "Experts" on this forum. (Not Me) who can give great advice, and who have
helped me improve my understanding of the Nox-600. I'm just now starting to realize it's potential. As a Nox-600 semi-beginner, I only have three words of advice.
1. Download the Users Manual NOW..! Print it out, and start reading.
2. Don't get carried away with modifying factory default settings for awhile.
3. Ask the experts on this forum tons of questions, as much as you want.. their very willing to help.

Welcome to the Equinox Club..!

Congratulation..! I got my Equinox 600 last Fall with no regrets. There are numerous "Experts" on this forum. (Not Me) who can give great advice, and who have
helped me improve my understanding of the Nox-600. I'm just now starting to realize it's potential. As a Nox-600 semi-beginner, I only have three words of advice.
1. Download the Users Manual NOW..! Print it out, and start reading.
2. Don't get carried away with modifying factory default settings for awhile.
3. Ask the experts on this forum tons of questions, as much as you want.. their very willing to help.

Welcome to the Equinox Club..!
My little printer almost bit the big one but, It printed it out.

I can't remember how long it takes. It will stop flashing and turn solid green when it is fully charged. Have fun!

I got about 30 minutes on it, LOL. I'm finding it pretty easy to navigate the screen. But, still making mistakes! The only thing I'm not really liking in the top nose heaviness. I realize it balances out real nice using the strap. I have never used the strap before so it's a bit bothersome. Oh well, I'll get used to it.

I got one of those lighter detectors....it loves my closet.
The heavier detector I'm selling......it about makes me sick. It is a very good detector, A proven detector that does well. I have just developed shoulder problems and I need a lighter unit to swing. I still have a question or two concerning the Equinox, but I have been watching many videos on the Nox and it seems that this might be a good fit for me and the type of hunting I do. I have not seen that many negative reviews on the Nox. I realize everyone is different.

The nox did not impress me at all....I don't see it ever replacing my etrac....I used to swing a Garrett ads-7....for those who think the etrac is heavy....Grab a hold of that beast ! 5 pounds 3 ounces !
There are people on here that used to post a lot of silver coins and stuff using the etrac/ctx....they switched to the nox and their posting is getting skimpy..... although some improved....but more lost out on better finds in my opinion.....or MAYBE they got tired of showing their finds....or embarrassed......I will keep my heavy weight and open the closet for my light work.
I did not give up on the nox......just don't have time for such a workout finding a coin when I know I can grab the etrac and actually find good stuff.

When I can get out and feel safe to detect.....I will post some of the etrac finds and you all decide for yourselves what you want to use. I really think the nox is overrated...but what do I know.

When I can get out and feel safe to detect.....I will post some of the etrac finds and you all decide for yourselves what you want to use. I really think the nox is overrated...but what do I know.
I would love to see you and the etrac hunt dome of our pounded parks.

I would love to see you and the etrac hunt dome of our pounded parks.

So would I...I have hunted since 1970's ...same grounds...fisher's ...garretts....whites....wilson/newman....and the cz brands on my parks.....
Amazing what I still find at these park...fields and yards I have hit for 40 plus years now....the coins do turn and move over the years...and
iron does also move .....especially in fields that get plowed.....or worked up....even plants grow up and move the coins a little...freezing...thawing...
I have seen guys hunt a spot and go back later and find coins there.....I have also hunted a spot and others have gotten coins I missed...
If you think you have got it all in "dome of your pounded parks" then you still have a lot to learn....I think the etrac has been out a lot longer
than the nox.....it's reputation stands .....like the garrett ground hog....remember that one....or the usika chief....how about that one....
Very popular in our area . They took the easy coins out of here fast...had a few whites dealers around here too... the spectra's/dfx/v3i.....
They have all been thru my parks...Yards and fields. We have had some well know hunters, some from this forum, hunt here.
Some take over 100 ih pennies in one year here...
Yeah....
I would love to hunt dome of your pounded parks with my etrac.

So would I...I have hunted since 1970's ...same grounds...fisher's ...garretts....whites....wilson/newman....and the cz brands on my parks.....
Amazing what I still find at these park...fields and yards I have hit for 40 plus years now....the coins do turn and move over the years...and
iron does also move .....especially in fields that get plowed.....or worked up....even plants grow up and move the coins a little...freezing...thawing...
I have seen guys hunt a spot and go back later and find coins there.....I have also hunted a spot and others have gotten coins I missed...
If you think you have got it all in "dome of your pounded parks" then you still have a lot to learn....I think the etrac has been out a lot longer
than the nox.....it's reputation stands .....like the garrett ground hog....remember that one....or the usika chief....how about that one....
Very popular in our area . They took the easy coins out of here fast...had a few whites dealers around here too... the spectra's/dfx/v3i.....
They have all been thru my parks...Yards and fields. We have had some well know hunters, some from this forum, hunt here.
Some take over 100 ih pennies in one year here...
Yeah....
I would love to hunt dome of your pounded parks with my etrac.
I have also hunted since 1975. Started with a Whites Coinmaster 4 and went with a Tesoro Inca the a Toltec 100 which I still have. Also had an Eagle Spectrum that I sold and currently own an Explorer SE with a Pro coil and the Equinox 600. I have also found coins with the 600 that have been missed by other FBS machines. The 600 happens to be best for me considering my current health issues. Good luck with your endeavors. And just an FYI ... I tried out an etrac and wasn't that impressed. My SE was every bit as deep as the etrac. Have a lot to learn?? I don't think so!

Elmy...Give up on the Equinox so soon? Can you tell us why?

ok...I surrender...I hunt the area of the black swamp...earliest settler here was 1848...I did get a 1834 5 c and a few 1850's half dimes from the fields they settled. And many large cents.
I am not here to argue who has the tougher ground to hunt...I live in a rural area...mostly farms and towns less than 100 people....when someone drops a coin , 20 detectorists hear it fall and are there looking for it as soon as they can get there. I do have a lot to learn...even with my etrac ...I still have a few things to try to improve my hunting as the finds dwindle. I am happy that you do not have a lot to learn with yours. Best of luck to you. If you don't really want someone to answer your question...don't ask them to.

I did not ask you much of a question...But you come off as an expert. And I live in rural NE Iowa...🚜