Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 600

ok...keeping your nox ? Can you tell us why ? And don't come off as an expert.

If you must know...Yes I am keeping both machines. Shortly after I bought the SE in 2013,I had a brain hemorrhage and was within 7 hours of death. Two years later a routine checkup with an MRI found a basilar tip artery in the brain aneurysm. So I am still here and swinging a lighter detector for a couple of hours at a time. Is that good enough Elmy or do you want to see surgical records or talk with my neurosurgeon? Since 2013 I have had three neurosurgery procedures and a radiation treatment. I don't wish that what I have been thru to anyone. I hope I did not come off as an expert.

keeping it friendly and helpful is the reason for this form. it's not a pissing contest

Well Elmy...I guess that pretty much sums things up. It's Azzholes like you that ruin a perfectly well run web site. Jeff or Guv...Go ahead and delete my account here. It is as I said a great place till some know-it all jerk ruins it for everyone. Just for you Elmy...🖕

I got about 30 minutes on it, LOL. I'm finding it pretty easy to navigate the screen. But, still making mistakes! The only thing I'm not really liking in the top nose heaviness. I realize it balances out real nice using the strap. I have never used the strap before so it's a bit bothersome. Oh well, I'll get used to it.
Feel free to keep asking your questions. Since the Nox is only 2 years old there are no experts and we are all still learning together. Even some of the people who are writing books are not trying to come off as experts. They are trying to help people new to the Equinox and of course are trying to make some money doing it which is fine with me.

Jeff

The nox did not impress me at all....I don't see it ever replacing my etrac....I used to swing a Garrett ads-7....for those who think the etrac is heavy....Grab a hold of that beast ! 5 pounds 3 ounces !
There are people on here that used to post a lot of silver coins and stuff using the etrac/ctx....they switched to the nox and their posting is getting skimpy..... although some improved....but more lost out on better finds in my opinion.....or MAYBE they got tired of showing their finds....or embarrassed......I will keep my heavy weight and open the closet for my light work.
I did not give up on the nox......just don't have time for such a workout finding a coin when I know I can grab the etrac and actually find good stuff.
I disagree totally with less finds over my Etrac maybe for you but if my and others posts are not proof of some great finds.
The Etrac forum has kind of dried up in my opinion.
Also my elbow because of the weight of the Etrac and the fact the the nox is waterproof also was a great thing ..
How much time have you actually used the nox?
Not busting you chops but you really don’t know The equinox well enough IMHO..
Hey to each his own I only have one detector and it works unbelievable for me and my friends we share info with each other and compare finds .
Oh and a lot of people probably can’t get out to detect with the Coronavirus going on I had a great silver weekend last week with a Morgan and my 7 silver half for 2020 and over 100 silvers so far this year nox works well enough for me.
Matk

Elmy
as far as I know, the Equinox was not meant to replace the Etrac or the CTX 3030. Both of them are still scheduled for production next year. Hopefully they will get a well deserved software update or even better an ergonomic physical redesign too since they are fantastic detectors.

The discontinued Explorer series and especially the X-Terra series were the competition for the Equinox and they are not included in next years production roster.
At least where I hunt, there aren't many silver coins like there are back East. There is lots of bad mineralization and the Equinox handles it much better than the Etrac and especially the CTX 3030.

Jeff

Wow...even you brutus....I thought you liked me....anyway...I am tired of all this put down...nox is wonderful .....I think I got it now ...No more nonsense from me.....I assure you on that.