Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 800 coming this week!!

Ex-Sox

Longtime member here just getting back into it. I had been swinging an F75 for a few years before I took an 8 year break from detecting. My favorite targets are civil war relics and old home places so I hunt in lots of iron and nails. Just now getting back in to it and have found that my ears just can't handle the EMI and falling problems of the F75 as well as they used to. Hoping that the Equinox will cure that for the most part. All of these new detectors out these days , I didn't realize that I was gone that long. Maybe you guys can help me with what I may expect from this changeover from the F75 as far as performance (EMI, iron rich sites, etc.)? I am not new to Minelab machines as I swung a Minelab SE and then an Etrac for a while before the F75 and I can't wait to hear those Minelab tones again!! After researching new detectors, I had it narrowed down to the Deus and the Equinox 800. Decided to go with the 800 as it offers more options for my kind of hunting.

Keep your expectations in check..it is a great machine but it’s also very easy to get lost in the menus as a new user..lots of nuances on this thing you will need to figure out.. coming from an F 75 should help somewhat as the Nox can be chatty too.. in my opinion the tones on this aren’t smooth and warm like the Sov Gt or like machines.. it took me quite a while too gain confidence in what the machine was telling me but a big part of that frustration is born from taking a new to me machine to sites I have pounded quite successfully over the years with other machines.. It has however produced a few awesome finds my other machines missed including my oldest most valuable US silver ..It’s also got me digging more iron too.. It does continue to impress me as a micro jewelry hunter in freshwater..So for me it’s kind of a mixed bag.. not really me favorite machine to use but will produce for you if you are patient enough to learn it and even after a year I’m still learning it... out smarting other hunters can be challenging but out smarting ones self is really where the learning begins for me.. Sometimes you must find the perfect settings in hard hunted areas.. Others have lit up old sites like nobodys business... but I’ve been chasing iffy signals for along time prior to purchasing mine so anything it can find that others haven’t is a success... good luck..

Thanks BHP, I hear you about expectations. I have had a lot of detectors come and go looking for the one that worked the best for me. I surely am looking forward to this one though!

In the iron ,I would have the Iron bias at 2, swing speed 2 or three I am new and am learning as well

Its a great detector my finds have been killer in some very hard hit parks around where I live last 2 years I have mostly used field 2 recovery 4 sensitivity as high as I can run and I go very slow I have 7 silver halves and 1 Morgan dollar so far for 2020 for my big silver not even counting silver dimes and quarters!
stick to the pre set then try tweaking them see how machine responds always plenty of great people here for any Q&A's
best of luck.
Mark

Awesome! I like reports like these. I am certainly going to try the iron bias at 2 and recovery at 2 but I also want to try a faster recovery in my machine gun nail spots. I am hoping it will get me some stuff that I know is hiding in all that iron. Ive got a pretty good test bed that I planted about 12 years ago that I will spend some time in first though. That is a lot of big silver finds Mkus, mercy!!

Thanks Been a great start for 2020 not much of a winter helps!
294701D3-DA03-44DE-906D-B04E11491B4F.jpeg

i have the minelab CTX the ETRAC and the NOX. ive used the nox for 2 years now . it's my go to detector now. hardly pick up the other 2 at all