Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New After Market Battery Coming out !!

Presalead5.jpg

Double your detecting time.

2200Mah Lithium Ion

In addition to pricing information, the no heat while charging claim is suspicious since most battery packs are temperature sensitive and that is how they know when they are fully charged. If this pack needs a special charger, we would like that information as well.

(The no heat claim was on the Accessory classifieds post.)

Are you a sponsor? ROB

Yes he is.

Yes there is a specific charger available and does come with the battery pack. More information is being released shortly that will answer allot of the technical data you guys crave.
I should rephrase the heat comment, if there is any it is extremely minimal and hard to tell, so much so that we had a hard time telling just by touch. . When we tested them we used and I/R temp meter and found it to have a very low temp change . I am not saying it has zero heat nor is the manufacturer. I like yourself was use to feeling warm packs after they charged. With the AW-2200 I had a hard time telling if there was any heat. I originally thought it never charged, We multi-tested it, sure enough fully charged.. The Smart charger knows when the correct voltage has been delivered and received to the battery so it simply stops charging. You cannot overcharge them which usually generates heat. I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for your time and interest.

Andrew
N.E.D.

Yes, I am Rob I am usually hanging around in the Minelab section. I just wanted to let you guys know about a new Whites product you may find useful.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Take care.

Andrew
N.E.D.

For those not familiar with LI batteries, here is a link to get better acquainted. http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Also, something to consider when using Lithiom Ion batteries is that they are mostly known for holding a large charge relative to their counterparts (regular rechargeable and alkaline) but something you may not know is -

They are EXCELLENT in very cold weather and pretty much hold their whole charge UNLIKE regular alkalines and rechargeables.

Li-Ion are the standard in laptop and most portable electronics that require ultra long life, and moderate power demands. And I am referring to products where long battery life is an actual selling point, unlike the V3i. I would use my V3 if I had to change the batteries every hour but I do not feel the same way about the laptop I use.:heh:

The Shark

li-ion makes one heck of a difference in power tools, i dont even consider buying any other type. i just hope it doesn't cost 500 bucks for the v3i set-up.

I know everyone is different, and some us like new toys. Is there anything wrong with buying it, NO. The questions is will it improve performance, the answer is NO. Will it last longer, I'm sure. I'm thinking the price will be more than I would want to spend. My standard packs last long enough for me, and so does my 2500mah pack. ROB

The listed price is $189.95 with charger ......... that should stop many of us in our tracks. I think the market for this battery would be users of the new TDI SL that eats batteries for breakfast and maybe the VX3 that does not come with a rechargeable battery. Even then, $190 will buy a lot of alkalines............ over 600 if you get them at Costco.

sign me up, heck one ring at the beach could pay for that. [ i bought my v with 2 months take]

It buys a lot of rechargeable batteries also. ROB

Larry (IL) said:
The listed price is $189.95 with charger ......... that should stop many of us in our tracks. I think the market for this battery would be users of the new TDI SL that eats batteries for breakfast and maybe the VX3 that does not come with a rechargeable battery. Even then, $190 will buy a lot of alkalines............ over 600 if you get them at Costco.

I use a V3I and the VX3 I am lucky if I get 4-5 hours out of my machine I hunt way more then 4 hours at a clip. I can't be bothered with swapping batteries every 4 hours. 600 batteries can be burnt up quickly plus that's allot of batteries in those landfills. 600 batteries is about 75 hunts give or take, I hunt may more then that in a year. I'd rather save the money. If you do the math and add the convenience factor it is a bargain. I don't know how often you detect but when I go out I do an 6-8 hour hunt straight. No rechargeable will last that long for me, you will need to bring another pack with you. I do not want to carry around anymore weight then I have to, so having one battery pack for an entire hunt and then some is way worth it for me. The AW-2200 is for the serious hunter who is looking for longevity in there hunt's. But the convenience factor is worth it for me I don't want to be bothered running around for bargain alkaline batteries then having to deal with changing them out regularly . It's apparent you are happy with your current setup and that's fine. I am simply posting about a product that is coming out that will drastically improve current battery conditions and make detecting more enjoyable for the serious detectorist.

Thanks for your time.

Rob (IL) said:
It buys a lot of rechargeable batteries also. ROB

a.189 price tag with charger ( AW2200)

b. Apparently you can get 600 alkaline batteries at Costco for $189, based on a previous post. (rechargeable s cost more and actually perform terribly over time)

c.600 batteries based on the Costco buyer- divide by 8 batteries per current battery pack capacity = (75 hunts). I think the AW2200 pack can pay for itself pretty quickly.

I am a serious hunter and I needed something like the AW2200. From my own personally experience I have spent hundreds of dollars on batteries through the years, I am tired of it !

I am glad to see a product like this come to light. Again, this may not be for the detectorist who hunts a few times a year. For me anything is better then what is currently available.

Thanks for your time.

I'll stick with my nimh's they work just fine for me. I put together a 2500ma from cells I bought at a battery outlet and the pack holds a charge longer than the two stock nimh that I have. Next time I put one together I'm going to put 8 cells in it for even better results.

I think you meant (9 cells ). :smoke: I've done one. ROB

My stock battery lasts 8 hours easy. But if i was using tx boost or the 2.5 frequency that would be shortened dramatically. As stated already this would be good choice for the tdi sl.