Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Anti Metal Detecting Legislation

GoVidGo

The State of Pennsylvania will be voting on a piece of legislation regarding 'hobby metal detecting' on Monday, April 15th, in Harrisburg, at the State Capital, and it many Legislators from other states will be taking notice. Rumor has it that other States have already pre-drawn up similar drafts, but are waiting to see how the Pennsylvania vote goes. The Legislation act nicknamed the 'MDetect-925 Act' pretty much states as follows...

---Pennsylvania detectorist will have fees and regulations to metal detect as of 2014, if THIS IS VOTED IN! And I am sure MANY STATES WILL FOLLOW!--- THIS IS URGENT! PLEASE READ!

1st... there is a State fee called a 'FREQUENCY TRANSMISSION COMPENSATION FEE'. You have to pay it to the State if your detector has a coil on it. A coil that sends signals into the ground. My local Senator said that the 'money goes to fund the recovery of earth worms, meal worms, grubs, or any other local underground dwelling creature that are found to be harmed/proved by sending detecting waves into the ground from a metal detector's frequency'.

2nd... there is a State fee called the 'DETECTING TRANSPORTATION FEE'. It is a fee you pay because as you walk around swinging your detector, the State Government says you are transporting your detector, hence the fee for transportation. To avoid the fee, you must not be carrying your detector on person.

3rd... There is a Local tax called the 'SITE EXCAVATION TAX'. It is a prepaid tax you pay to the local municipaility you will be hunting in. The prepaid tax goes to the Local Government to hold in a State drawn account. It is for the chance you injure yourself while digging your plug/cut. If injured, the prepaid tax goes to the local hospital you will probably be frequenting. If you are not injured, the prepaid tax is kept by the Local Government to fund the future 'Safe Digging' class that detectorists will be required to take, and the 'Safe Digging' class will also have it's own fee, in addition.

4th... There is a State fee that pays into a fund called the 'CLAD DISTRIBUTION FUND'. This fee goes into a fund to offset the clad coins that detectorists remove from the ground and put back into circulation into the US market. The State realizes that there is a remote chance clad coins can upend the market and cause a direct impact on inflation-or-deflation of the monetary system, so the fee covers any adjustments to the local market that may need re-adjusting, since metal detectorists can cause such unplanned swings in the money market unconditionally.

5th... There is a Local fee called the 'FINDS ROYALTY FEE'. This fee paid to the Local Municipality that you will be detecting in, to account for the treasure you will be removing from their grounds. The Local Municipalities have deemed the tax automatic on all detectorists, since most detectorists/citizens are predetermined to be dishonest and will not report all finds, so a royalty tax has been imposed and will be justly paid.

So what do you think?

Think it will pass?

Can you see this actually happen?

Would you ever think that such insanity would ever be suggested?

At any point reading this, do you ever think that this could be seriously done?

Have you ever heard similar insanity suggested?

Would any Government even care about a hobby like ours?

Would a Government try and bilk us because they knew we would just pay it easily and not even object or question the common sense to any of it other than a desperate 'moneygrab'?

.............This is just a joke! I just wrote this as an.... April Fool's joke, and to also mock the bogus and stupid legislation brought by desperate and dumb politicians at all levels of any Government. I always wondered if they knew they were laughed at(?)

You had me going for a minute!
The sad thing is, if there is a politician out there lacking in common sense (and most are), I can see them taking what you have posted and running with it.
SCARRY!!:yikes:

Hi GoVidGo, Lol, and loads of Mercy for us all ! Please don't be giving our wussie spined, attle brained, clueless leaders even a hint of such type ideas for them to pursue. They are already all-out in their attempt at perfecting their incopitencies , and fine tuning their lack of all common sense, so please, Lol, they need no more ideas, for they themselves are enough "Joke" to last us and our Grandkids a lifetime. HH, Charlie

Well, you can bet/be sure some of them are monitoring these Forums on a regular basis.-----Posts like this gives 'em "food for thought" and that's SURE something we don"t need any more of!----It sure ain't like the ole days, eh Charlie!-------Del

not only gives some bored bureaucrat or archie "food for thought", but also risks giving skittish md'rs "food for thought". Eg.: "oh no, the sky is falling, I must be doing something inherently wrong, that I might start getting in trouble for", blah blah blah. And then guess what those skittish newbies do in-liue of such "scary posts" (yes, even ones that were supposed to be "a joke"): they run around asking "can I?" questions of bureaucrats, just to "make sure they're legal". And presto, become the very "big red x" we all wanted to avoid, ..... in the first place :(

-- moved topic --

n/t

I was thinking this is to outrageous, it can't possibility be true. But it could happen, the powers to be are out of control.

Hey, when some cities tax your rain water run off down your gutters by the square footage of your house/garage roofs and also your driveway, don't put anything past them. They are like crack heads who, rather than fix their problem (IE: Spending money on crack), they figure the only real problem they have is more sources of revenue. At least you know when a crack head robs you when you see your TV is missing so they can go out and buy another rock. Problem with government is it keeps slipping things by via buried wording in bills that would take a lawyer to sort out, and before you know it your paying more for something and never have a clue why.:biggrin:

I could see you will need a licence just like for a boat or to go fishing, 20.00 per year and you would have to take a course on responsible detecting,

Selective reading? The last paragraph reads:

".............This is just a joke! I just wrote this as an.... April Fool's joke, and to also mock the bogus and stupid legislation brought by desperate and dumb politicians at all levels of any Government. I always wondered if they knew they were laughed at(?)"

"Funny" that I should just come across this !
But reason being is, that I was scanning the different forums to see if there was one devoted to identifying municipalities/ local governments that do indeed prohibit metal detecting on "public" property.

Since I did not specifically find a forum devoted to identifying localities that prohibit our hobby, I would like to take the opportunity to propose that we DO create some sort of forum or webpage dedicated to this information as a service to folks living in or wanting to visit specific areas and not knowing where to find such information.
If there is such a forum or webpage, I'd like to know about it !
If there isn't, then we should do some "groundbreaking" here and now !
We could set it up by states, then counties, and finally municipalities.
I know,... a huge undertaking ! But if we draw on the interested members from across the country to report on localities in their areas, it might just work.
I've come across two local towns that prohibit detecting just by accessing their websites.
What I have found is, there may be NO specific written information at a particular park; but that does not mean it's OK to detect !
I think a forum could be a life saver for someone that is just passing through and isn't familiar with where town offices are etc.
Waht do you folks think ????