Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Apex Arrivals?

rob

Garrett said they had a July ship date for the Apex. I know it's a new unit and there can be delays but checking in to see if any are being distributed regularly...?

Garrett said they had a July ship date for the Apex. I know it's a new unit and there can be delays but checking in to see if any are being distributed regularly...?
Read someplace that field testers had to return the prototypes for some software changes. That's why there are field testers, to look for glitches and recommend changes and or improvements, before a detectors is put into consumer production.

To my knowledge there are (2) two manufacturers that have capabilities of updating software from the comfort of home. This will certainly be a game changer! Garrett Apex being made in the USA, and having the features I have acquiesced assuming that they would be as the White's Spectra V3i I own, and 'never' requiring a software update I am now compelled to pause; although, I had assumed the next metal detector I would seriously consider would be the Apex. The (2) two metal detectors on the market have already provided at least one software update! With the technology on the market I would assume the ability to update would be either in the feature packed attributes; alternatively, be a moot issue.

Hopefully Garrett will release this new Apex with the ability to update software,if not that is a bad marketing decision and may push buyers to the Simplex+ or the Vanquish or the Nox..

To my knowledge there are (2) two manufacturers that have capabilities of updating software from the comfort of home. This will certainly be a game changer! Garrett Apex being made in the USA, and having the features I have acquiesced assuming that they would be as the White's Spectra V3i I own, and 'never' requiring a software update I am now compelled to pause; although, I had assumed the next metal detector I would seriously consider would be the Apex. The (2) two metal detectors on the market have already provided at least one software update! With the technology on the market I would assume the ability to update would be either in the feature packed attributes; alternatively, be a moot issue.
Many Minelab, XP and Nokta Makro detectors can receive software updates via the internet. I have done several on my Equinox, Vanquish, Deus, Multi Kruzer and Gold Kruzers. The Garrett APEX lithium battery is charged via a mini USB port. Even though there is no mention of using that port for updates in the manual, there was no mention of that being a possibility in the Vanquish manual either (lots of other important facts were not mentioned in that manual too) and I just updated my Vanquish. So, who knows?????? Personally, I would not expect to see any APEX detectors in consumer's hands until sometime in September.

Many Minelab, XP and Nokta Makro detectors can receive software updates via the internet. I have done several on my Equinox, Vanquish, Deus, Multi Kruzer and Gold Kruzers. The Garrett APEX lithium battery is charged via a mini USB port. Even though there is no mention of using that port for updates in the manual, there was no mention of that being a possibility in the Vanquish manual either (lots of other important facts were not mentioned in that manual too) and I just updated my Vanquish. So, who knows?????? Personally, I would not expect to see any APEX detectors in consumer's hands until sometime in September.
And, the aforementioned enumerated detectors did not require being returned for any update?

Leatherneck,

And, the aforementioned enumerated detectors did not require being returned for any update?

Leatherneck,
Nope. Did it from my Mac and Windows computers. All of the updates were easy to do, added great new features, and fixed some bugs.

Hey fellas, great info for units and now the American made Garrett Apex. Think this one will be a winner!

Thank you for your updates....

Who said the field prototypes were returned just for a software update? Garrett could be checking wear and tear on search rod components, changing grip materials, arm cuff attachment points or updating the color of the control housing to puke green. :garrett:

Rich-

I still don't understand why a top exec. at Garrett can't come out with a simple statement about the delay of the Apex. Simple, straight and honest. This could work to their benefit. As an ex-salesman and mgr. I ALWAYS kept my customers up to date, good or bad. All depends on how you " word" it.