Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Canuck on the block with an E-Trac:detecting:

DigginDoc

Hello everyone in E-Trac land. (Doc) here from BC Canada. A year and a half under my belt with other machines and I'm seriously hooked. Been reading and have made the odd post. Got my Trac last week just as the poor weather hit again so I have only gotten out Sat for a couple of hours.
I have exchange on the puter and the emulator but have to learn them also. Can't even load a pattern. Obviously, I need good time outside for this beast. Only got some deep pennies and aluminum so far but I'm ready to learn. Canadian clad will be a problem but now I'm going for the old and gold. I appreciate the info here thanks so far and hope to share in the near future.
cheers
Doc

I've heard the Canadian clad can be a problem Doc...read it on another forum. What are they making them out of??? 'bout has to be steel of some sort. Welcome aboard. Lookin' forward to your posts.

NebTrac

NebTrac said:
I've heard the Canadian clad can be a problem Doc...read it on another forum. What are they making them out of??? 'bout has to be steel of some sort. Welcome aboard. Lookin' forward to your posts.

NebTrac
Yep NebTrac
The Canadian coins changed in 2000 to 92/94% steel with plating so they are not going to be fun. The dollars are 91% Ni with bronze plating. Two dollars are Ni outer core and Cu, Ni, Al inner so they with come through in m a different area about F1/C30. My other machines will be for them. I am going to be using the Trac in older beaten areas for large copper, silver, and gold. Hopefully I get some. UK next year also.
thanks
Doc

Hi Doc, a link I have up on my Gold Prospecting Forum may interest you... I'm here in BC as well, what part are you in?

Check out the link and the posting re the coins...

http://www.prelovedplacer.com/forums/index.php?topic=193.0

Jennifer (fellow E-Tracker)

Hi Jennifer
I'm over here in Penticton. Retired to here from Van a little while back. Beating up the beaches, parks and schools. Lots of competition though so you have to get up pretty early in the morning. I have other machines for the Canadian clad jsut in case I need some fast change.:laugh:
cheers
Doc